Teeth-Chattering Fear


“Now a word was brought to me stealthily,
And my ear received a whisper of it.

“Amid disquieting thoughts from the visions of the night,

When deep sleep falls on men,

Dread came upon me, and trembling,
And made all my bones shake.

“Then a spirit passed by my face;
The hair of my flesh bristled up.

“It stood still, but I could not discern its appearance;
A form was before my eyes;
There was silence, then I heard a voice:' Job 4:12-16 (NASB)


The women of God walk in fear of Him. Healthy fear of God and respect for God leads us to obey Him. Women of God are not tempted to fear men and therefore do not waste their time seeking the approval of man. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of their knowledge and freedom. The fear of the Lord is the secret behind all Christian women's boldness and strength. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of our faith.

My fear was the beginning of my faith in the Lord. My faith journey began with the feeling that something of extreme value was missing from my life. It was with a lump in my throat and a boat load of goosebumps on the back of my neck that I stepped out of the row that day and pushed myself down the isle at church toward the altar of my salvation and into the arms of Jesus. Jesus met me there and nothing has been the same in my life since.

Jesus loved me too much to leave me where He found me. Faith grows and the fear is always present. That place where the flesh meets the spiritual is a goosebumps teeth-chattering place. The place between faith and fear is a stretching and growing space. I am so thankful for that place.

With faith winning, there are still times that I fear the Lord. It was with a feeling of wonder and dread when I saw the form or vision before my eyes that night leaning over me with a whisper. There he was, delivering the Word to me that brought life in the darkest hour. Even through the tears, I needed that Word. I needed Him.

It is the fear of the Lord that brings me to my knees when I need Him most. It is the fear of the Lord that takes me to the place where I know I need more of Him. More of Him means that He will take more of me. That change will hurt. That change will take time. That change will leave me in a desperate place where nothing is the same and I may not know where I am, or where I am going, or even who I am. It's the place of the unknown. The unknown place that I get in line for, the roller coaster style fear, where the tracks are beneath me but all I can see is blue skies ahead. It's the place of mysteries. It's the place of the supernatural. That is a place I love to fear.

That place of fear is also a place of growth and a place of wonder. That place of fear is a place of new beginnings. That place of new beginnings is a place of new possibilities. That place of new possibilities is a place of hope. That place of hope is a place of fear that builds faith in me as I know that He will never leave me there and that He will continue to work on me until He gets me to the place where I need to be. The place where I need to be is a place of the anointing where I desire more of Him and less of me and is the place where I long to be. That place of healing is where He is. That place of faith is where He is and where all pain and fear are gone. That Holy place.
 Image may contain: 1 person, text
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree