Be Forgiven


'While they were nailing Jesus to the cross, he prayed over and over, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they’re doing.”

The soldiers, after they crucified him, gambled over his clothing.

A great crowd gathered to watch what was happening. The religious leaders sneered at Jesus and mocked him, saying, “Look at this man! What kind of ‘chosen Messiah’ is this? He pretended to save others, but he can’t even save himself!” Luke 23:34-35 (TPT)


His prayer of forgiveness was for the soldiers that were nailing Him to the tree. Their work was their duty and they were bound to do it. Just as He lives even now to intercede for those who sin against God without knowing it. He prays for us and intercedes for us out of love for the lost. Not so for Pilate, for he knew that he had condemned and sentenced to death the innocent. Not so for the chief priests and the scribes, for they knew they were about to put out the Light and deny those in need, then and all those generations to come, the powerful Word and knowledge of Truth.

Truth survived that day. Jesus, God and man, lives on. He lives and intercedes for me and just like the thief on the cross, I can still ask for and receive His forgiveness. Thankfully, God is merciful and loving. He is eager to forgive me of my sins! He is patient with me. He does not want me to perish. He wants me to come to repentance.

Repent! Jesus paid my debt. All I have to do is ask God to forgive me of my sins through Jesus Christ, to turn from them and believe that He died to pay for my forgiveness, and He will forgive me. Only Jesus can save me. I have decided to trust and follow Him. Be forgiven. Ask and receive. Won't you? He was not sent to condemn the world, but to save it. That said, God will not be mocked and His longsuffering will come to an abrupt end.
 
 No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree