The Conqueror

'The day of the Lord will come unexpectedly like a thief in the night; and on that day, the sky will vanish with a roar, the elements will melt with intense heat, and the earth and all the works done on it will be seen as they truly are.  Knowing that one day all this will come to pass, think what sort of people you ought to be—how you should be living faithful and godly lives, waiting hopefully for and hastening the coming of God’s day when the heavens will vanish in flames and the elements melt away with intense heat. What will happen next, and what we hope for, is what God promised: a new heaven and a new earth where justice reigns.' 2 Peter 3:10-13 (VOICE)

When I consider the end times and read Peter's account of how Jesus described it I have to wonder. I have so many questions. What will happen next? He has given me a few answers. The word 'unexpectedly' could denote that none are ready. 'Like a thief' shows me that there will be a false sense of security. 'In the night' brings thoughts of current culture, some of it good some of it dark and evil.

It's hard to imagine the sights and the sounds of what bringing an end to it all will be like. Since these things have to happen in order to bring to pass what will happen to me next I can know and think and change. Christ returns. Christ is Conqueror. Christ is King! Today makes such a difference. Now is the appointed time. This might be the very hour. What sort of person should I be? New beginnings. Yes! A woman of prayer. A conqueror. As I pray for Christ's return, I should be living a Godly life. I should be living a life filled with hope and faith while I am watching and waiting.

God is faithful and He is long-suffering. He desires that none shall perish and that all should come to believe in the saving grace of Christ. So we wait. We pray. We praise Him through the birth pains of our not knowing. For we know that He is in control of what will happen next. We praise Him through the storms of our doubt. For we know that He has taken care of every provision and all of our needs. He cares for me. 

Dear Heavenly Father. As life rages on my hope lies in Your promises of a new heaven and a new earth where justice reigns and Christ is King. As life goes on, and each new day brings me one day closer to the end of times, forgive me when I fail You, I could do better. I could desire to be more like You. With thoughts of a new beginning I pray for more of You in my life today, Lord. Remind me of Your Word so that I might pray for the lost, the sick and the dying. Rescue them. Heal them. Save them all Lord. Thank you! Continue to change me into the person you want me to be. In Jesus's mighty name. Amen

Image result for 2 peter 3:10-13 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree