Don't Forget to Check Your Holy Spirit Fuel Gauge

'My heart burned with a fire within me,
and my thoughts eventually boiled over
until they finally came rolling out of my mouth.
“Lord, help me to know how fleeting my time on earth is.
Help me to know how limited is my life
and that I’m only here but for a moment more.'

Psalm 39:3 (TPT)

At times, the Holy Spirit moves me and at other times, I move the Holy Spirit. Stir it up!  Stir it up! It's up to us. That's how we do it. Isn't it? That's how we get things done. Don't forget to check the Holy Spirit Fuel gauges. That's how we keep the Holy Spirit Fire of passion for missions burning within. Lots of fuel. Lots of wood!

Where does one get this Holy inspiring Fuel? The Word of God provides a lot of the wood that keeps the Holy Spirit tongues of fire burning in me. Passions for Jesus are kindled within me at times until they can no longer be contained. No restraints. Then look out. A woman on fire and in the flesh might mean that we won't be getting out of our prayer room anytime soon. We travail. The problems are real. We go straight to the Father with our most intimate thoughts. In my frail state, I might even ask God to remind me. I need to know. How much longer do I have Lord? His answers might be quick. He never disappoints. Daughter. Sometimes your musings lead you to impatient thoughts and that's a sin. Sometimes, it's best not to speak at all. You don't need to worry about these things. Just listen and watch yourself or you'll get burned.

Cool down. Thank you Father. You always know what's best. Forgive me. I'm back in Your Word again. That's where I go for more power. That's where I go for more inspiration, even when it seems my Holy Spirit Fuel gauge level is low. God directs me to the place where He knows that I need to go. God knows that I need Holy Spirit power to be an overcomer and to occupy the places that He has sent me. I need God's power of Truth in order to discern the intents of the heart. I need to know that He is in it. I need to be prayed up. I need the Fuel to be on fire for Him and that keeps me walking in the overflow. I can't run out of Holy Spirit Fuel and walk in the flesh on this lonely stretch of highway that we call life. Whenever I do, He is quick to send me out to the God's Word wood pile to cool down and fetch another arm load of Fuel for the Fire.

Recently I was praying and singing over a certain pile of wood in His Word.  Acts 28: 25-29. You may know it:

'From morning until evening Paul taught them, opening up the truths of God’s kingdom realm. With convincing arguments from both the Law and the Prophets, he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

Some were converted, but others refused to believe. They argued back and forth, still unable to agree among themselves. They were about to leave when Paul made one last statement to them: “The Holy Spirit stated it well when he spoke to your ancestors through the prophet Isaiah
 
   ‘I send you to this people to say to them, “You will keep learning, but not understanding. 
   You will keep staring at truth but not perceiving it. For your hearts are hard and insensitive
    to me—you must be hard of hearing! For you’ve closed your eyes so that you won’t be 
    troubled by the truth, and you’ve covered your ears so that you won’t have to listen and
    be pierced by what I say. For then you would have to respond and repent, so that I could
    heal your hearts.”’

“So listen well. This wonderful salvation given by God is now being presented to the non-Jewish nations, and they will believe and receive it!”' 

Wow! Isn't that so amazing? That's Fuel! We are that non-Jewish nation. We are the ones that will believe and receive! Praise God. I am so thankful for the Grace that He extended to the Gentiles.
 
Yesterday, the more I read this, the more that Fire from the Word produced such a boiling over in me. I could not contain it! This Fuel prompted me to take authority in the name of Jesus over a certain demonic spirit that day. That spirit had been showing up in the same spot over the past few months, during my weekly times of preparation. An annoying and familiar one to be sure, that manifested itself as a loud, creaking and banging distraction in a room where it did not belong and will not return to again. Good riddance. It got the boot. Fire fall! I tolerated it for too long. Spirit of distraction be gone. Finally! Bless God!
 
Thankfully, that Spiritual encounter lifted a huge burden off of my shoulders. God is good. Thank God for His Mercy. Thank God for providing the Fire and the Fuel for my deliverance. A close friend of mine said that she noticed that my countenance had changed. Visible signs and wonders for sure. Confirmation on the outside of things that God does for me on the inside. Mysteries. It's so powerful. It is so humbling.
 
And that is why the God of Fire is not something to be taken for granted or to take lightly, or left to chance. No. It's precious. It's purposeful. It's evidence of His power. I let the Fire go out once, and I won't let that happen to me again. If God is in it, then He has to be building something big and it has to be something beautiful and something excellent. Only His best will do. I don't want to miss it. So, daughter, stir and stir, to keep those embers hot!
 
Dear Father. Thank you for Your Anointing and for Your Holy Spirit Fire and Power. Where would we be without You? Thank you for including us in Your Perfect Will and Your Perfect Plan. We recognize You as Lord. You are Perfection. You are Love. Thank you for Your healing touch and for saving us and setting us free. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Image result for psalm 39:4 picture quote 
Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com; davidjeremiah.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree