The Year for Optimism, Creativity and Inclusion

'That’s plain enough, isn’t it? You’re no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You’re no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He’s using us all—irrespective of how we got here—in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he’s using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day—a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home.' Ephesians 2:19-22 (MSG)

The first page of my 'Pray First, Prayer changes Everything' Family Life Fellowship journal starts like this:

12/31/17 Prayer Journal -Go Forth.

So I wrote it. So I did it. Then I listed my prayer requests for the day, each family member by name. I prayed for more than a few things; my own doctors report, cleaning, new ministries (seeking a Word of Wisdom here), prophetic, business, travel, genealogy, health, healing. I prayed about searching for truth and seeking God. I wrote out scriptures, specifically, Acts 4:32 regarding sharing and Romans 12:5 regarding unity (the Key). I wrote how being deeply connected builds eternal relationships. I wrote about connecting to other believers that might need a new song. I intended to stay focused and stay true to the Word and to document my prayers. I wrote about 2018 being a year of breakthroughs and new beginnings, and how we are to stand out together and He will draw all people in.

I loved that journal. I filled it up last year with things about you. Haven't we gone quite a long way down the faith road together? Haven't we covered a lot of territory on our journey? You were most faithful. You prayed for me. I prayed for you. You stayed with me every single step of the way. I am so thankful for you. I am grateful for your patience and for your persistence. Your love for the Lord inspired me. Your encouraging Word pushed me to reach higher. We were both standing on our tiptoes. Laughing together. Crying together. Celebrating our victories together. Connected. Connected. Connected. We were a strong rope with the three cords. Powerful. Together we can...do anything. We were faithful in the small things. We have done all that we could and with the grace of God He has done the rest. We were faithful and none were lost. No regrets. So now it's time to turn the page to this journal. New beginnings! Go Forth!

Go forth with 2019 being the year of optimism, creativity and inclusion. I like that. What a great place to start. Let's start by taking our faith forward together on our knees in prayer. Let's pray the kind of prayers that keep us going forth with optimism and with the all consuming fire that will unite us to stay true to the Faith and keep God alive in our hearts. That's commitment. That's being sold out. That's what will revive us. That's where Love wants to take us. Hold on!

Don't you see the vision? Catch it! God is the creator. He loves you. He wants to use you and He is fitting us all in to what He is building, brick by brick.




 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree