Wrestling for More

'So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”

But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

The man asked him, “What is your name?”

“Jacob,” he answered.

Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”

But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.

So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
Genesis 32:24-30 (NIV)

It seems that when I am all alone and surrounded by darkness that I consider the place where God has brought me to and where He may want to take me. I may be on the wrong side of the river. I may be separated from my family and friends and everything I own may be at stake. I may be desperate enough to know that I need God. I may be desperate enough to pray and to press in for the miracle and the answers.

After my few short prayer attempts have little results, I may be ready to pray like Jacob did. Jacob knew what he needed and he met the man face to face. He met the one that could bless him there in that time of his life when he needed a miracle. He was in a desperate situation. He needed God.

Sometimes, when we are desperate, we need powerful prayers. When we pray like Jacob did, our prayers become powerful enough and focused enough that we are not going to accept defeat. We pray with Holy Spirit power when our needs are big enough that we know only God could answer them. We commit to pray for however long it takes, all night if need be, until the answer comes. We pray until we see God in it.

When I learn how to pray like Jacob did, it may come at a price. I may commit to pray and become someone that is called to it permanently. The more time I spend in prayer the more intimate I may become with God. I may hear the needs of others and agree to pray for them. I may hear the needs of our nation and feel the unction to pray for our government as well. I may be compelled to even make more time in my day for prayer. I may be led to pray so much that I become like a prayer warrior and meet up with others that feel the same way. One puts a thousand to flight, but two, ten thousand! Anointing, please fall on me!

How I love my little group of prayer warriors. We met Him face to face and yet He spared us. He loves us that much. When we agree to wrestle on our knees in our war room, He agrees to meet us there in our time of need and He takes us to His Throne Room of grace where we get a glimpse of His Glory and Power. Power on full display. Glory, for all those who demand intimacy to see. Hallelujah to the King of Glory! He Reigns!

https://drummingthemessagehome.blogspot.com/


Image may contain: text

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree