Live Your Faith

'But prove yourselves doers of the word [actively and continually obeying God’s precepts], and not merely listeners [who hear the word but fail to internalize its meaning], deluding yourselves [by unsound reasoning contrary to the truth].' James 1:22 (AMP)

Hearing is not enough, we must also do. Listeners only are also deluded. Deluding themselves as to the truth. Self-deception is the worst for it reaches down deep to the soul. We are not led, but take ourselves into darkness. We go willingly. We go proudly. We miss the meaning every time we internalize it and fail to act on it. We trip and take the fall and there is no getting back up. There is nothing of good in the hearing only. Do not just be obedience in your attendance as to the assembling of yourself together and the attention as to the hearing of the message only. Humble yourself. Obedience to the listening only, is not enough. Knowing the truth is not enough. Ignorance of the law is not enough. You must obey! You must obediently assemble yourselves together, and listen with your most attentive thinking mind, and with your whole heart, internalize its meaning, and then do what He says. It is really just that simple. 

Live your faith.

When I do what He says why shouldn't I dare to dream big? Brief is life but Love is long. If I seek Him out, I might find Him. I might just find Him there even this day. This day, as for the other 349 days in a row this year, He is waiting for me. He is there for me with a Word or a Phrase so that I might meditate on it and get it into my heart and be encouraged by it. I might even be moved by it and decide to live it.

Live my faith.
The just, do it. Just do it. That is just what I intend to do. He never disappoints. He hears my prayers. He cares for me. He shines His Light into my darkness so that I might see what He sees and be encouraged by it. Like a breath of fresh air, He speaks a Word of Hope into my Spirit every morning. He gives me a new Love song to sing every evening. He keeps me flowing in Faith and growing in Grace and teaches me in the ways of Truth and how to live in Love. He is my strength when I live my faith.

 Image may contain: plant and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree