Bringing True Happiness on Christmas

'We know what true love looks like because of Jesus. He gave His life for us, and He calls us to give our lives for our brothers and sisters.

If a person owns the kinds of things we need to make it in the world but refuses to share with those in need, is it even possible that God’s love lives in him? My little children, don’t just talk about love as an idea or
a theory. Make it your true way of life, and live in the pattern of gracious love.

There is a sure way for us to know that we belong to the truth. Even though our inner thoughts may condemn us with storms of guilt and constant reminders of our failures, we can know in our hearts that in His presence God Himself is greater than any accusation. He knows all things.' 1 John 3:16-20 (VOICE)


 

True love through Jesus is the example on how to live a good life for us all. The miracles and the mysteries of how His Divine love came down to us as the Greatest Gift of all and how He redeemed the Church with His blood is the ultimate example of love. His love was extravagant. He held nothing back. No doubt, we should follow His example and love one another just as God has done and still does so much for us. No doubt, He wants us to make loving one another our habit and our true way of life.

In giving, if I have it, but don't give, I might as well count it as a loss, for I have grieved the Holy Spirit by my selfishness. Giving what I have away to those that I love is an act of love. The giving is the doing part that makes my words complete. It is how I show you that I care. It helps to keep my heart and Spirit alive. Giving brings happiness. It is an act of grace just as Jesus is our finisher of faith. Being generous can bring life and joy.

In loving, it should be about keeping my heart pure and there is so much more to it than words. Speaking kind words must be followed up by doing kind things. That is the key to what seals the real deal in love. When I act out my words, it is impossible not to begin to believe what I say, if I am inclined to just say things with my tongue and not really mean it. Even when I do say encouraging things and am sincere, the words alone are not enough. I must show you that I love you. I must show you that I mean it. That is what He did. His love came from the heart. We are to have His heart. We are to have His joy. Abounding joy. Abundant joy. Supernatural joy. Abiding joy.

He loves me. Even when I am reminded of all my past failures, He knows me and He still chooses me. My life should be like that. That is what I should be doing. I should be doing things out of love for Him and for my brothers and sisters. He is my best example of how to live in the pattern of gracious love on this most Holy of days, Christmas Eve.

And though I have much to be thankful for, and am feeling blessed to recall all the past Christmas Eves spent with family and friends those that have gone on before me, remembering what He did then, I am finding joy in giving to you my friend, this tiny little gift, from my heart! Merry Christmas.

 Image may contain: one or more people, stripes and closeup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree