I Do Believe in Miracles


'Now [ And look/ behold] Elizabeth, your relative, ·is also pregnant with [has also conceived] a son ·though she is very old [in her old age]. ·Everyone thought she could not have a baby, but she has been pregnant for six months. [ And this is the sixth month for the woman they called barren!] ·God can do anything […because nothing is impossible with God; or …because no word/message from God will ever fail; Gen. 18:14; Jer. 32:17]!”

Mary said, “[Look; Behold] I am the ·servant [bondservant; handmaid] of the Lord. Let this happen to me ·as you say [according to your word]!” Then the angel ·went away [left her].' Luke 1:36-38 (EXB)


'Elizabeth, your relative, is also pregnant.' 'God can do anything'. And Mary, even though she was free to choose, gave up her own dreams and her earthly desires in order to be obedient and to serve God and to do His will. She agree to provide a home for God for those nine months of her pregnancy. She agreed to do it, and to accept all the good along with the bad. She is my perfect example of discipleship. I could learn a few things from her regarding my own faith

I want to believe in miracles. I want to give up my own lack of faith and be more like Mary. To see her and how she was so willing to lay down her own life for her brothers and sisters is such an inspiration to me. I desire to be more Mary-like and to just accept His will over my own and to just simply say 'Here I am Lord'. No questions of doubt asked. No conditions. No signs demanded. No faithless and disrespectful chatter. Just a willing and joyful 'yes'! Let this happen to me! Come and make your home in me!

Lord, let this happen to me! And not just for today, Christmas Day, but every day. Show me how to be obedient, and to share your Light with those in darkness. Teach me how to pray that prayer of faith for those that have a need. Let me live my faith and bring alive the Spirit of Christmas every day. Help me to give as Mary did and take Your Love with me everywhere I go. Lead me, and let Your generous Spirit work through me. Give me courage to pray the big impossible prayers because I know that You are big enough to handle it, I accept Your precious gift of love and choose to believe what the angel said to Mary that day. I've seen too much to deny your supernatural power now. I truly believe, that You can do anything, because nothing is impossible with God!

If you don't know the Lord as your own personal Savior, what a perfect day to invite Him into your heart. You will be glad you did. Might I humbly invite you to say this prayer even now. I will be praying for you.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of my life. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
 
 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree