Praying the Promises

'For as God is true to his word, my promise to you was not a fickle “yes” when I meant “no.”

Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and he is the one whom Timothy, Silas, and I have preached to you—and he has never been both a “yes” and a “no.” He has always been and always will be for us a resounding “YES!” For all of God’s promises find their “yes” of fulfillment in him. And as his “yes” and our “amen” ascend to God, we bring him glory!

Now, it is God himself who has anointed us. And he is constantly strengthening both you and us in union with Christ. He knows we are his since he has also stamped his seal of love over our hearts and has given us the Holy Spirit like an engagement ring is given to a bride—a down payment of the blessings to come!' 2 Corinthians 1:18-22 (TPT)

The message this season is one of wishing, and for some it is plainly and softly spoken, 'All I want for Christmas is Jesus!' My Christmas list is short. He is all that I need. His Words are always true. And when my words may fail me and I might disappoint by not being able to keep my promises, know this -all of God's promises are fulfilled in Jesus. When He says something He means it and He always does it! That you can be assured. God never lies, He is never late and He never disappoints. He keeps His promises. I am praying the promises. Yes. Yes. Yes. That's right!

In life, I have heard people tell me 'no' since the beginning. In Him, I find a resounding 'YES'. I am anointed, strengthened and stamped with His seal of love over my heart. That seal is for my security. It is a seal of authenticity and genuineness, proving ownership and approval, denoting righteousness and His promises to be fulfilled. As I am sealed with the Spirit I am also born of the Spirit. The Spirit indwell me, baptizes me, fills me, unites me to Him, gives me gifts and ministries. He is my engagement ring, my promise, my seal, and my guarantee of receiving my full inheritance. I can't say it enough, 'All I want for Christmas is Jesus'.

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree