4am Faith Feedings

'He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.' Romans 4:20-25 (KJV)

When considering, practically a year ago, ways to increase my faith, I believe I was lead by the Spirit in a direction that I would never have considered on my own. A direction that seemed purely selfish on my part and purely a call from God. Why else would I be prompted to do such a thing? Why else would I see a need to work on my relationship with Him? Though there are many ways to increase ones faith, mine was simple. Early morning feedings and devotionals.

To awaken each morning with a smile and be given a Word is still as exciting now as it was then, and that is how it begins. '4 a.m. feedings' lead me to this verse in Romans 4:20. 'He (Abraham) staggered not!' That's right. And isn't it the truth, that being lead and prompted by God gives us all a firm stance. No wavering, but it's heads up and focused with each step that He leads. My friend, when I doubt Him, I do stagger in my walk to the truth and that is because I walk in unbelief. When I take a bit of the spiritual food that the Word provides, it is so satisfying and nourishing and I can chew on certain verses for hours. That food removes my hunger and my unbelief.


How can I take that first step toward my healing if I doubt that God is big enough or willing enough to heal me? I must be strong and give to God all the glory that He deserves when I see Him answering my prayers and doing the things that He has promised. Healing is one of His promises. God answered the prayers of Abraham, He will do the same for me as well. If I believe that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, He will do the same for me.

Weren't these past promises and stories written down for my sake, so that I might see what God has done for my brothers and sisters and believe? My heart knows and believes with the seeing and hearing. I find encouragement in reading the Biblical stories. I am encouraged to trust and obey Him when I read for myself all the promises that He gives to me. He has given to each the same. My faith, I am not to take it and to hide it, but to take it out and to apply it in every situation to everything and everywhere.

When He says I will wake you at 4, He means it. No need to set an alarm. He wakes me. There is no baby crying in the night to be fed. He feeds me. There is no feeling of anxiety or exhaustion or fear of lack of sleep. He refreshes me. There is only the feeling of satisfaction, contentment and excitement over what He is going to teach me this day. That's how I know that He is in it. He is able to perform. For Him, nothing is impossible. I have no doubt that what He has taught me this year will be useful as it was imputed to me for righteousness' sake, not that I have a mountain of faith, but I know that He gives just the right amount of it to each of us. It is right to find rest in Him and to rely on God's power for He is able. No staggering!


Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree