Taking the Full Dose of Holy Spirit Medicine

'Many of Jesus' disciples heard him and said, “This is too hard for anyone to understand.”

Jesus knew that his disciples were grumbling. So he asked, “Does this bother you? What if you should see the Son of Man go up to heaven where he came from? The Spirit is the one who gives life! Human strength can do nothing. The words that I have spoken to you are from that life-giving Spirit. But some of you refuse to have faith in me.” Jesus said this, because from the beginning he knew who would have faith in him. He also knew which one would betray him.

Then Jesus said, “You cannot come to me, unless the Father makes you want to come. That is why I have told these things to all of you.” John 6:60-65 (CEV)

There is nothing of a surprise here. It is not shocking to me to read that students will grumble. So Jesus asks us this, 'Do my words offend you?' Honestly, how can I watch all of the miracles I see you do daily Lord and then take offense by your words? I know that many of Your followers left You right then and there. They could not comprehend it all, so they gave up and sadly walked away. They gave up and returned to their homes. They stayed with Him up to the point where they almost made it. They were that close. Many of them had almost reached the top of His spiritual ladder so to speak. 

What was it that shook their belief system to the core? His Words were true ' I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he will live forever. The bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.' So, He encourages us to take this bread and eat it in remembrance of Him. In the physical they heard, 'eat my flesh' when the Spirit was shouting 'here He is the Bread of Life!'

Just imagine it. Trying to get to the Glory Land by way of my own carnal thought process mind. No one can see it. No one can hear it. No one can do it, lest by the Spirit. His utterances and His promptings help to take me there. There is absolutely no life giving force in the flesh, only death. All life giving force is in the Spirit and through Christ's sacrifice I can see and know and be with Him for all eternity. So, it is with humility that I must be willing to hear and see the things of the Spirit knowing full well that my own mind and reasoning to understand it all will fall far short of my own comprehending.

This morning I am taking the full dose of Holy Spirit medicine. I am no longer willing to rely on my own self in the natural, but am desiring to know more in the spiritual. Let the Light of Life shine down on us all during this Holy Season.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree