The Pursuit-Going Hard After the Holy God

'It is for this reason that I bow my knees before the Father, after whom all families in heaven above and on earth below receive their names, and pray:

Father, out of Your honorable and glorious riches, strengthen Your people. Fill their souls with the power of Your Spirit so that through faith the Anointed One will reside in their hearts. May love be the rich soil where their lives take root. May it be the bedrock where their lives are founded so that together with all of Your people they will have the power to understand that the love of the Anointed is infinitely long, wide, high, and deep, surpassing everything anyone previously experienced. God, may Your fullness flood through their entire beings.'  Ephesians 3:14-19 (VOICE)

With the proper posture and attitude we come to You, God to make our petitions known. What other prayer would there be, than the prayer that Your people would persevere. We pray for spiritual blessings to flow in our hearts and souls. We pray for spiritual power in order to serve You more and to fulfill Your calling. We ask that the law of love be written on our hearts and that Christ abide there as well. We go hard after You because we know there is so much of You that we don't understand.

When measuring the dimensions of your great love for us, we start with how long it is and we conclude that Your love covers the length of all nations and all men. In measuring the width of Your great love for us, we find that it is as far as the east is from the west for all eternity. In measuring the height of Your great love for us, we find it reaching all the way up to the heavens with all happiness and includes all of Your glory. When measuring the depth of Your great love for us, we find You, willing to reach into the bottom of the pit when Your love rescued us and carried us to the mountain top.

When I found Your love and received Your grace and with that grace I received the fullness of God, in that, nothing else is needed and no one else is desired. In my imperfections I see that nothing else will do but to go even harder after You. Like an apprentice seeking to be the best at her craft, I must spend as much time as possible with You, the Master. I trust in You and Your power to change me and I detest the thought that anything less than my full devotion to You means me looking helpless, feeling distracted and clinging to my own imperfections. Today, my clinging looks like me taking those flaws and flinging them as far away from me as I can, in devotion to You. Today, I chose to go hard after You, to find the love worth finding and surpassing everything anyone previously experienced. That's deep. That's fulfilling. That's entirely satisfying. What else is there?

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree