My Godly Friend

'Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, they came each one from his own place, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite; and they made an appointment together to come to sympathize with him and comfort him. When they lifted up their eyes at a distance and did not recognize him, they raised their voices and wept. And each of them tore his robe and they threw dust over their heads toward the sky. Then they sat down on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights with no one speaking a word to him, for they saw that his pain was very great.' Job 2:11-13 (NASB)

Friendship. True friendship, it may be hard to find, but we know it when we see it. Easily a blessing from God you are to me. Even with a look, you can tell what I need before I even say a word. You are always there with a word of support, a pie, a book or even a hug. What would I do without you. You never judge me or think that what I am going through is a sort of payback because of some terrible thing I have done. You know me. You trust me. You give me just what I need when I need it. Usually the thing I need is you. Your ear, to listen. Your voice, to sooth. Your thoughts, to redirect. Your hands, to help create. Your wit, to add depth. Your humor, to entertain. I will never forget the time you were there for me when I needed you the most. The first day, turned into a week and it eventually consumed most of my year. You never wavered, you always answered my call, you never tired, you never threw in the towel. You endured my pain right along side of me. Your presence helped to remove the fear and that together is what made me stronger. You made it all seem so real and gave me hope. You prayed for me. It was only with the love of God and with you my friend that I am glad to say I made it through. I am glad you are my friend. I am blessed because you were there for me, and because you understood. I thank God for sending me a friend like you.

 Image may contain: one or more people, text and outdoor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree