Morning Exercise

'She wraps herself in strength, carries herself with confidence, and works hard, strengthening her arms for the task at hand.' Proverbs 31:17 (VOICE)

Morning exercises. One, two... Use it or lose it. Three, four. Repeat ten times then do it again. Some say yeah. Some say nay. Our bodies are gifts from God so it is up to me to take good care of mine. Bicep curls today and leg crunches tomorrow. When I commit to workouts and train my arms, it's funny how that focus extends itself to the rest of me. Exercising my muscles helps strengthen my bones as well. Not just my arms, but my heart and lungs are even made stronger. I get up early and do it to be prepared for every task that might present itself later on this day.

Why not lift weights? Weaker sex, they say? That is true, but that won't stop me from taking the time to study to exercise my mind and to workout to exercise my muscles in order to be the best I can be. I refuse to get discouraged by the bad reports. A little sweat now and an increased endurance for the physical demands placed on me later. A little effort now, more deep breaths and I am able to breeze through the mental tests later. It's about excellence. I am what I think I am. So I think on these lovely things. I think on these things of strength. I think on these things that I must do. I must prepare myself so that I am ready to meet the spiritual demands that present themselves as well. One day, who knows what the day will bring? Never alone, that's not me. Never depressed, because I might miss out. Never giving up, that's not who I want to be. Confidence is found in the knowing that He gives me my words and phrases and sets my course. Exceptional in what I produce because I have seen it before it happens through His eyes.

My life is not easy, perhaps most would not be able to keep up with me. Driven, but only by a higher calling. Never lazy, but pushing myself to be the best me I can be. Finding her, in there somewhere, deep down, reaching her and pulling her up higher. Lifting heavy weights because I am committed and my energy levels are high. Running in the race, because I can see my spiritual mentor up ahead, she is looking back at me with a smile and ready to take the baton from me when I get there! Thank you for that vision. Thank you for that friend. Pushing on now. I can do this. With a renewed hope and new vision for the future. My future looks brighter because You are in it. You, My God and my life. What new and exciting things do You have planned for us today? I am ready.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree