The Cure for Spiritual Pride

'So I’m not defeated by my weakness, but delighted! For when I feel my weakness and endure mistreatment—when I’m surrounded with troubles on every side and face persecution because of my love for Christ—I am made yet stronger. For my weakness becomes a portal to God’s power.

I have become foolish to boast like this, but you have forced me to do it, when you should have boasted in me instead. For there is nothing I lack compared to these “super-apostles” of yours, even though I am nothing' 2 Corinthians 12:10-11 (TPT)

When I survey the wondrous cross it keeps my thoughts in perspective. How can I not find joy through my troubles when I know that God has sent them in order to keep me grounded in Him. I am dependent on You Lord. I am made stronger when I submit and turn my cares over to Him, they all become a great portal to God's power. So, why not be delighted?

I am but a fool for You Lord. I have become foolish in my boasting of You. I can tolerate the insults. You allow them to keep me humble. I can handle the hardships and the persecutions. You send them so that I might develop endurance. I can endure and withstand the difficulties that you send to me when I know that You are always right there with me. You are real. You are powerful. I am in You. You are working through me. You are closer to me than just a friend.

I find delight in You for You are my sunshine on a cloudy day. You are my healer when I am sick. You lift my spirits up when I am down. You are my hedge of protection when troubles surround me. You are my strength when I am weak. I am not defeated! 

Dear Father. In everything that I seek, I find You there. You are Joy, so that I might seek and find it. You are Happiness, so that it might go well with me. You are Love so that I might be free to dance. You are Life so that I might be free to laugh. Thank you for trusting me enough to test me. You know my heart. You know the cure for spiritual pride is spiritual burdens. The pain is only for a brief moment and then Joy returns in the morning. Thank you for blessing me. Thank you for calling me to be one of Your daughters. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 4,  2019, reposted.


Image result for 2 corinthians 12:10-11 picture quote"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree