Choosing the Right Bait

' I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he comes to set up his Kingdom: Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.

But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.' 2 Timothy 4:1-5 (NLT)

Jesus is the way. In Him there is no misdirection. In Him there is no misguidance. I am thankful that He stays close to me and never leaves my side. He takes me to the limits of myself. In Him do I trust. Together, we can do anything. Together, we are unstoppable. 

When I am about to fall, He lifts me up and out. When I can never do anything right, He brings me to Himself. He is where the power is. He is where the money is. He is where the ideas are. In Him, there is no turning.  Nothing wasted. No time lost. In Him there is Perfection.

The lover of souls is ever watchful. None should tire to keep the Word and keep its telling simple. In every kind of water and situation, I must choose the right bait. The fishermen must endure and let the plain truth of the Gospel be the bait to effective soul winning.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 26, 2019, blog post.

Image result for jesus is the way, no misdirection, no misguidance picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree