First Gear Principle

'And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t.  I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.  But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.


I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart.' Romans 7:18-22 (NLT) 

Thankfully, the believer is under grace. She desires to live a life of holiness. Her desire is to be holy, even when there is a war of wills going on inside of her between the flesh and the Holy Spirit. She sees and recognizes this sin nature, and works with the inward man which after God is created in holiness and wants to obey and to do what is good. She delights in the law of God.

Thankfully, the believer is under grace. Grace will pardon. Grace will cleanse. Grace is greater than all her sin. Grace is the power and the ability of God working through her. Grace is like being in low gear.

Low gear is where the power is. She meditates on the Word of God day and night. She studies to find herself approved. She meditates to open her spiritual eyes. Even if the speed seems slow, she is still going up that hill. Low gear gets the car moving. This is a principle of life. Even when the flesh may keep her from doing what the Spirit is suggesting, the Spirit is effective in keeping her from doing what the flesh wants her to do.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 24, 2019 blog post.

 Image result for low gear is where the power is bible quote"

Comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree