Open Door - Greater Thing

'When they got as far west as the borders of Mysia, they repeatedly attempted to go north into the province of Bithynia, but again the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to enter.' Acts 16:7 (TPT)


How did they know?  Their attempts to go north were stopped. The missionary work that went on during those days was lead by the acts of the Holy Spirit. It was by His activities that they saw success. Warnings were given. He spoke to them in dreams and visions. They were given signs that directed their paths. He still works in us today and in similar ways. He leads us.

We are blessed by the works of the Holy Spirit. He leads us through open doors as He closes others. We are not discouraged because God uses us for His Will and leads us to better and greater things! He loves us. He is wise. He cares for us. Amen. 

The lessons of the Bible are still true and applicable to us today. Even though the Apostles attempted to go into Bithynia on numerous occasions, they were wise enough to follow the flow of the Spirit because He is wise.   He is also the Lord of the Harvest. He prepares and imparts. He anoints and sends out. He leads His servants to the hungry and needy that they might be healed and fed. He gathers the nations to Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit of God gathers us together for our solemn assemblies. He uses us in ways that we cannot imagine. He brings us Joy. He reveals to us the mysteries of His Kingdom. We are encouraged as we see the fruit that comes through the work of the Spirit of Jesus.   

Dear Father.
Thank you for the work of the Holy Spirit.  Help me to see when You are closing certain doors and opening others and that I am not to try and stick something in the door that You have so wisely closed, so that I might return to it again later. Even though it might be a missionary journey and that my heart keeps taking me north and up that mountain because of my immaturity, that You know this is not the right time and that I am not ready. Help me to pick my battles wisely. Teach me Lord. I am not too blind to see. Lead me.
 
Use me as Your instrument.  I trust in You Lord to make that thing that is behind the closed door as good as dead to me. Give me a new heart. Lead me and use me for Your Glory. You have shown me in the past that when I follow You that Your Will always leads me to better and greater things. I believe.
In Jesus's name.
 Amen
 
Source: 'Drummiingthemessagehome', November 9, 2019, reposted.
.Image result for acts 16:7 quote picture"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree