Faith and Persistence

'He told them a parable, urging them to keep praying and never grow discouraged. The parable went like this: 


Jesus: There was a judge living in a certain city. He showed no respect for God or humanity. In that same city there was a widow. Again and again she kept coming to him seeking justice: “Clear my name from my adversary’s false accusations!” He paid no attention to her request for a while, but then he said to himself, “I don’t care about what God thinks of me, much less what any mere human thinks. But this widow is driving me crazy. She’s never going to quit coming to see me unless I hear her case and provide her legal protection.” 

Did you catch what this self-assured judge said? If he can be moved to act justly, won’t God bring justice for His chosen people when they cry to Him day and night? Will He be slow to bring them justice? Mark My words: God will intervene fast with vindication. But here’s the question: when the Son of Man comes, will He find anyone who still has faith?' Luke 18:1-8 (VOICE)


We know that the Bride of Christ will be asleep when He returns. For it is said, 'As the bridegroom was delayed, all of them became drowsy and slept.' Matthew 25:5 (NRSV). This includes the five wise virgins as well as the foolish. So we wait. It is written that many will be the scoffers during the last days. So we pray for ourselves and for the many.
 


'First of all you must understand this, that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and indulging their own lust and saying, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our ancestors died, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation!”' 2 Peter 3:3-4 (NRSV) So we pray for the skeptics and the scoffers and the doubters.  

So we pray, not as we ought. 'And because of the increase of lawlessness, the love of many will grow cold. ' Matthew 24:12 (NRSV) So we pray for the lawless and the saints that have grown cold.

Yet our God still loves us even though the faith of the saints will be tried. 'Indeed the Lord God your merciful judge will cut this time of trial short, and this will be done for the benefit of the elect that some might indeed be saved—for no one could survive the depravity for very long.' Matthew 24:22 (VOICE) So we pray for the elect and those that need the Savior during the days of depravity.

And it's not for the one Word that I hear from You in the morning Lord, no, but for every Word that proceeds from Your mouth, every moment, every day, which is the constant spiritual nourishment that I feed on. It can never be just one meal a day, but constant communication all day long from You Lord that satisfies my soul and that sustains my spirit. You said 'keep praying' and 'never grow discouraged' and 'God will intervene fast with vindication'. You said it and that's good enough for me. Praying persistently then, helps grow faith in me.

Dear Father.
We thank You that You are never changing and faithful and that Your promises are True. 'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.' We can depend on You. We can rely on You. What You have said will come to pass. There is no changing You for You are faithful even when I am not.

Will you find faith on earth? Let faith begin here, in our prayers, and let it grow. Let our persistent prayers feed the seeds of faith. Let faith arise with me in the morning. During this war for truth, use me as Your warrior of prayer. You are such an encouragement. We prayed. So many God-fearing people showed up on election day to vote for justice in my community and in my state and most other places! We are still praying. Give us results! Hold back the spiritual forces of anti-Christ. Give us four more beautiful years Lord.
 
I pray for peace. I pray for this nation filled with her people on fire for You. I pray for fair and honest elections. I pray for justice when evil intent is discovered. I pray for freedom. I pray for eyes to see what You see. Forgive us for our hearts have hardened and we've lost our way. You desire for us to be a Light to the world and a pro-Life nation. In this hour, we need You. Turn our hearts back to You. So be it. Your will be done.

Oh what an amazing God you are. For you are worthy of our praise. You provide it all. Keep the fires of our heart burning for You. So I pray for my own failings and for the others that are growing weary and cold while we wait. Yet, we sense that You are near and even at the door. Come again soon Lord. We long to see Your face.
In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 5, 2019 reposted.
Overcomers Ready for the Lord's Return Live by the Linking Faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree