Power! I Do Declare

'You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you

    and light will shine on your ways.' Job 22:28 (ESV)

Oh that I might have the audacity to believe these words of Eliphaz, even though they were spoken as slander to Job. For Eliphaz assumed wrongly that Job was having his difficulties because he did not know God. This is a dangerous assumption to make. Just because someone is being tried or going through some sort of a test does not make them an enemy of God. I pray that I don't fall into that trap. Nevertheless, I also pray that I might believe with my whole heart that God loves me and is working things out on my behalf and is also lighting my paths.  Amen.

Just as David said, so let it be. "Delight thyself in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart; commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:4-5). What an encouraging word for me this day. Jesus is the Bread of Life. Let's break it down into smaller, bite sized pieces.

To delight; pleasure, happiness, joy, gladness. Sounds positively delicious. I can find joy. God always has something better on His mind for me.

To decide; make a choice from a number of alternatives. This gets a bit more tricky. Isn't this the harder thing to do for some of us? I do not like to make a decision. Decision levels are often based on my disgust levels.

To desire; a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen. There's those feelings again. Lord can help me in this area of feelings and all I need do is ask.

To establish; accepted and recognized or followed by many people. This becomes my new norm and my habit.

To commit; to pledge or bind, devote, dedicate, obligate. I want to commit all my ways to You Lord.

To trust; believe in the reliability, truth, ability or strength of. My relationship with You Lord has to be built on trust.

To bring it to pass; cause something to happen. I can rest assured that it is always as good as said and done with You Lord. You are omnipotent! But, sometimes I must wait for it. Sometimes it feels like I get stuck in first gear. I need more power. I need Your power Lord God. So, I pray.

So, now I think I am ready to make my declaration and to thank Him. Darkness has to flee. The light of God has brought new clarity to my situation. Here is my prayer. Here is my decree;

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 7, 2019, reposted.

Image result for job 22:28 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree