No Slipping - No Sliding

'I look up at the vast size of the mountains—

    from where will my help come in times of trouble?
The Eternal Creator of heaven and earth and these mountains
    will send the help I need. 


He holds you firmly in place;
He will not let you fall.
    He who keeps you will never take His eyes off you and never drift off to sleep.

What a relief! The One who watches over Israel
    never leaves for rest or sleep. 


The Eternal keeps you safe,
    so close to Him that His shadow is a cooling shade to you.
Neither bright light of sun
    nor dim light of moon will harm you. 


The Eternal will keep you safe
    from all of life’s evils,
From your first breath to the last breath you breathe, 
    from this day and forever.' Psalm 121 (VOICE)

I'm on my way to worship. It's not the building, the music, or the friends that I seek, though those things are nice. I am to look beyond the mountain and the things of man. I am to look to God and place my confidence in Him alone. For He is Holy. For all the reasons mentioned here. He will not let me fall. He never sleeps. He never takes His eyes off of me. He keeps me safe. I am to thank Him. I am to find comfort in Him.

As the days grow shorter and the weather grows colder. As I put my flannel sheets on the bed for the first time in awhile, and climb into them for warmth. I find comfort and rest. There is no slipping. There is no sliding.  Same with the Lord. My feet are firmly planted. I am grateful. Peace. Be still. 

As I rise to a new day and a new task I am encouraged. Thankful in all the things that He has provided me. My home, my family, my friends. My food, my clothes, my car. My job, my finances, my President. His Son has given me eternal life. His Light pushes back the darkness.

God will keep me safe even during the times when I see evil all around me.  He removes the evil that I feel and lightens my load from the effects of it. I am secure in my walk with the Lord. I am not to fear. He protects me. He refreshes me. He preserves my soul and keeps me from perishing eternally. That I can know. That I can be assured. Psalms of Ascent. The Song of Ascents. The Pilgrims Song. The song for my journey. He will not let my foot slip. The Spirit of God is my Preserver and my Comforter and He shall abide with me forever. Amen.

Dear Father.
Thank you for Your Spirit who is my guide and comforter. When I approach You in the Spirit I have access to all of the power of the Spirit. When I try and handle things in my life in the flesh, I open the door to evil spirits. Thank you for Your Son, Jesus who lived and who died on the Cross for me that I might live. He has saved my soul for all of eternity. Thank you for Your Word of Hope and Truth which blesses my soul. Now let me bless You with my songs of praise. Hallelujah to the King of Kings. Hallelujah to the Lamb. Hallelujah to the One that I love. Let Your Name be exalted. Let us lift up Your name. Holy! Holy! Holy! Lord God Almighty! Let us praise You together in the sanctuary for evermore!
In Jesus's name.
Amen.
 
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', November 13, 2019 reposted.
Image result for psalm 121:3 picture quote"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree