The Perfect Plummet Stone

'Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken. I will test you with the measuring line of justice and the plumb line of righteousness. Since your refuge is made of lies, a hailstorm will knock it down. Since it is made of deception, a flood will sweep it away.' Isaiah 28:16-17 (NLT)

'But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.”' Timothy 2:19 (NLT)

When in times of need, it never hurts to look to Christ for the answer. He promised to provide for all that we need. Why not look to Him? He was sent to die for all mankind and to be the foundation stone chosen by God for the Church and the cornerstone in which His Church was build upon. He was and is righteous and able to support it. He was and is the Perfect Plummet Stone. He is the perfect plummet stone which is the Tool that all quality builders use. All that place their faith in Him should have no reason to worry.

For those who put their faith in Him, He is the only hope of escape from the wrath that is to come.  For justification, the believer puts their trust in His righteousness alone. For wisdom and strength we rely on the ministry of the Holy Spirit. In God we find His favor and through Him we find our peace, joy and happiness. 

For those who put their faith in themselves they will find themselves to be inadequate in the spiritual realm and in the ways of God. God set up His Kingdom with His Laws and God will judge us based on His Laws which are fair and just.  We are not able to live by His Laws on our own. He will bless all who choose to believe in Him and to live under His Rule of Law and they will live and for those that don't believe He will destroy.

For His Truth stands firm and yet He may be calling me to give up some things. He may be putting me to the test. He may be telling me to purge and to clean out a few rooms in my refuge in order to make more room for Him in my life. Knowing Him is knowing that He loves me and only wants the best for me. He paid a great price for me and the peace and the joy that I find in Him will cost me something as well. I will have to part with the things of this world that I have placed my faith in that are not of Him. Be gone you lies of the enemy, be gone with you and good riddance. To the hail and to the floods you things of evil that distract me must go. Spiritual gains for Him will far outweigh the losses to myself and my flesh. For His Glory I gladly give.  I belong to Him. I turn away from evil and I turn to Him.

Image result for isaiah 28:17 quote picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree