Creation Groans for Glory

'And you did not receive the “spirit of religious duty, ”leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the “Spirit of full acceptance,” enfolding you into the family of God. And you will never feel orphaned, for as he rises up within us, our spirits join him in saying the words of tender affection, “Beloved Father!” For the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to us as he whispers into our innermost being, “You are God’s beloved child!”

And since we are his true children, we qualify to share all his treasures, for indeed, we are heirs of God himself. And since we are joined to Christ, we also inherit all that he is and all that he has. We will experience being co-glorified with him provided that we accept his sufferings as our own.

I am convinced that any suffering we endure is less than nothing compared to the magnitude of glory that is about to be unveiled within us. The entire universe is standing on tiptoe, yearning to see the unveiling of God’s glorious sons and daughters! For against its will the universe itself has had to endure the empty futility resulting from the consequences of human sin. But now, with eager expectation, all creation longs for freedom from its slavery to decay and to experience with us the wonderful freedom coming to God’s children.' Romans 8:15-21 (TPT)


So, I remember my own father and how he took issue with his own life and what he thought were sins far too great for even our Beloved Father to forgive, and how that fear kept him on the side of hell for many years, until he came to the full realization of what the gift of God truly was and how it was meant for him personally, and soon after, repented and became born again. Oh, what a great day in the Lord that day was for the family. He was no longer on the outside looking in with fear of judgment. No, he had found his true life and received the Spirit of full acceptance into the family of God through Christ Jesus. Amen and Amen!

He was such a good daddy to me. He taught me so many things. He was so strong and yet not strong enough to beat his battle with cancer. He suffered for a brief time and He died way too soon. Creation groaned, yet because he found Jesus he lives and he did not die in vain. His life had purpose and his life had meaning. He worked hard. He served others and though he was not perfect, God used him in a mighty way and God received the Glory for all the great things that he accomplished. He left us an inheritance. With Jesus, he suffered a little but now he suffers no more. I know he would be proud of me. I can't wait to see him again some great day in glory!

So, through God's Grace, we can all share in the most amazing thing and be transformed from rebels to royalty. We become joint-heirs with Jesus and even get to share in His inheritance of all that He is and all that He has including his feelings and his experiences. Suffering is to be endured and yet it is as if they are less than nothing. Thus, we share in His suffering so that we might also share in His Glory! For now all of creation groans for Glory, yet one day we will witness the splendor of it all and as it was intended, while even now we anxiously await the Glory that is to come and the Glory that is to be perfected and manifested and revealed in us.

Lord, may Your Love permeate my entire spirit, soul and body. Renew my mind to these truths which are Your truths. Change me to be more like You. I thank you that You are that incredible inheritance that I cannot lose. I claim all that You have for me. Change my future to see more of You in it and in the seeing even to share in Your pain and the experiences that bring You Glory. I thank You that You have adopted me into the family and made me one of Your daughters. I thank You for this amazing gift of life and the rebirth that You willingly died to give me. I pray for others to receive it all as well, in Your name. Amen.

Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree