An Amazing Room With a View

'There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you' John 14:2 (NCV) 

Heaven is a big place. The house where I will live has many rooms and will accommodate all of my family and friends. Jesus is working on His Father's house right now. It's a labor of love. He is Lord and He was a carpenter by profession. He knows what He is doing. He is in no hurry. The project is so big, that it is going to take Him some time to complete it.

This last weekend reminded me of  what He might be doing there in heaven while He intercedes and waits for me. His Father's house has many rooms and mine may be in need of some TLC. He may be preparing it for me right now. I bet Jesus even picked out my room Himself. I trust Him that He could see the potential of the place He bought for me in heaven, and so could I. He has my heart in mind when He put his hands to the task of preparing the place. He is doing all of the measuring and planning. As if it isn't beautiful enough because He is in it, He might even be walking around the room to decide just what needs to be done to make the place more comfortable. He is doing it all for me!

He is doing a lot of work for me. He even paid for the right for me to be on the property with His own blood and life. It was a sacrifice that He choose to give. As if that were not enough, now, He is willing to do the heavy lifting to get my eternal home ready for me as well. In the natural I might watch as my loved ones pull the carpeting to replace the old with something new in my earthly home. All the while, Jesus might be getting the rooms all cleaned and prepped in heaven as well. Did I tell you that my room has an amazing view?

The view is gorgeous, and He picked it out just for me because He knew me and He knew what I would like.  Upgrades and fresh paint are in the plans as He is making my room something beautiful. In my room, He knew my favorite place would be in the little Chapel shaped dining area. Our gathering place! My eternal home. I am so thankful for all that Jesus has done for me, what He does for me now and what He is doing for me then.

Image result for the mansion in heaven picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree