God Always Remembers

'Dear friends, we are saying this to you, but we really expect better things from you that will lead to your salvation. God is fair; he will not forget the work you did and the love you showed for him by helping his people. And he will remember that you are still helping them.  We want each of you to go on with the same hard work all your lives so you will surely get what you hope for.  We do not want you to become lazy. Be like those who through faith and patience will receive what God has promised.' Hebrews 6:9-12 (NCV)

So, here it is, a hope for eternal life with a promise. We want that you get what you hope for, and even better things, so show God's love by helping his people. He will not forget the work that you did. He is fair and will always remember the love that you showed for him. God always remembers, it is part of His nature. In His remembering your acts of grace you can rest assured that He will make sure that you will be rewarded with even more of it.

Grace, grace, God's grace. For my desire to do His will is followed by the increase of knowledge of the doctrines of grace. My works of charity are the real test of the final judgment. And I know that it is not by works that I am saved, but by His grace alone.  Salvation is of the Lord. My works therefore are merely the fruit not to cause my salvation but to follow after it. Flawed and imperfect as they are, God still remembers them because of His grace and not their merit. God is righteous to remember them, not as a debt of justice but as a good work of faith. Faith works through Love. My love to God is an effect of His love for me.  

I love Him because He loved me first. The works of love that I do for the Glory of Christ and that I do to the saints in His name are the very things that show me to be in the state of salvation and which will end in my eternal salvation. Eternity in the Kingdom with the King. Hallelujah! So with a little faith and patience and a lot of God's grace I can know that God loves me and that He chooses to forget my sins while remembering all the good works that I do in His name, I have the promise for even better things will I do and that He will see me through to the end where I will receive my eternal reward, thanks be to Jesus!

Image result for hebrews 6:10 quote picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree