Waking up Thankful

'Let joy be your continual feast. Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.' 1 Thessalonians 5:16 (TPT)

I woke up thanking God today. How do I let joy become my continual feast when there is so much suffering? One way that I find joy is to work through the troubles of the day. I pray and I seek out the person that can help get me through my problems. I find my joy in Christ Jesus. I never want to go to bed with bitterness. When I seek out the person with the goal of better understanding, that really seems to help me to process the situation that is troublesome. When I gain understanding it helps me to gain wisdom. With prayer and with wisdom bitterness has to flee and I can go to bed with a thankful heart and wake up with a thankful heart!

There are so many reasons to be thankful. Did I mention that I am a grandmother? Funny how a grandchild brings so much joy into my life and brightens my day! I am about to welcome my second grandchild into the family as well. How exciting. I am thankful for grandchildren. I am thankful for all the blessings from God.

God blesses me in other ways as well. He offers me eternal salvation. He heals me from all my diseases. He speaks to me in times of trouble and He shows up to encourage me when I need to hear a word from Him. I am thankful to Him for being God and that He hears my prayers and responds to my every need.

He blesses me with a strong and loving husband. He blesses me with my awesome children and my grandchildren. He blesses me with my generous family and friends. He blesses me with my God fearing church and community and country. He blesses me with my successful job and my health. I am thankful for my religious freedom. He provides it all, the big and the small. Finding the joy, praying without ceasing and being thankful is His perfect plan for me. Don't miss this. This is His command. I am to trust God for His power to provide and to save. I am blessed because He forgave me. I have the hope for eternal life. I have the promise that all things work together for good for them that love God. That's reason to shout! He provides it all. Even when I am in the valley I find my joy in Christ Jesus!

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree