Building a Path to Wealth

'Go ahead, build your career and give yourself to your work.
But if you put me first, you’ll see your family built up!' Proverbs 24:27 (TPT)


Planning and doing what is necessary is important, but, putting God first is what I should prefer. Neglecting to put Him first is always a fatal flaw. Convenience and pleasure comes later. How can I enjoy the fruits of my labor without first I labor? I must do what needs to be done first. This is the path I should take to avoid going into debt. I would be wise to take care of my resources. I would be wise to get ready for what is to come next. Slow and steady, like the turtle, is the way to save and build up my wealth. I refuse to gamble my resources away. I prefer to respect what God has given me. I prefer to research first and to use my resources in a way that brings the best return on my investment. Borrowing money makes me a slave to the lender.

This is the path He has laid out for me to take to put my life in order. God is orderly and so should I be as well. Try doing things out of order and see how hard my outcomes will be. Do things out of order and see how I will find myself reacting to defend what I have, instead of taking the preferred proactive method. I can stay in control when I stay focused on the path. Can a Christian find a path to riches? Absolutely! But only if I can learn to handle it well. To keep my priorities straight. To respect its power and to use it for God's glory and not my own.

There is always a preferred method to doing a thing. When I find the preferred method, I will find happiness and I will find wisdom. As for my spiritual house, I must first prepare the field, to get it ready, and remove the sticks and stones and weeds that have built up in my heart. Before I can ever be ready to invest my life in that which is good I must choose God's path. I make it about Him and not me. I prefer to invest in me and to spend my wealth on developing the Godly habits that lead me to becoming a better person. I prefer to invest in me and to spend my time working to eliminate the flaws of sin, tilling the soil of my heart, planting the seeds of righteousness that bring forth the spiritual harvest and habits of virtue. I prefer to invest in me and to spend my talents working to become the Godly woman that God wants me to be. This is the path that He has laid out for me. This is my path to riches. Find God and watch Him build my family up! Hallelujah!

 Image may contain: sky, ocean and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree