Living Under the Clouds of Grace

'Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you’ll never get so much as a glimpse of God. Make sure no one gets left out of God’s generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time. Watch out for the Esau syndrome: trading away God’s lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite. You well know how Esau later regretted that impulsive act and wanted God’s blessing—but by then it was too late, tears or no tears.' Hebrews 12:15-17 (MSG)

Run hard after God. Use every tool that is available to you. Don't fail to spend time every day reading your Bible and exercising your faith. Pray to Him without ceasing. Build yourself up so that you might build one another up. Don't overlook or ignore the poisonous weeds of discontent that spring up around you. Don't fall from grace. 

Think about Eve, when she fell, she was only trying to obtain something that she thought she was lacking. In her season of discontent she became disobedient and that is when she turned her innocence and nakedness into intolerance and shame. Work became labor. Life became death. God walks in the garden became so hard to reach on her own. Then came Jesus. His cross became my bridge to cross the great divide. Heaven restored. Don't let the roots of bitterness over what you have lost make you discontent with what you have. Learn to love yourself. Learn to forgive yourself. Don't fall from grace.

When I am weak and vulnerable is when God can use me. I bow to Him. I bend the knee. I humble myself before the Lord. I choose to be content in my situation even when there is a storm raging inside of me. When I try it on my own and stand against the raging storms of life in the flesh, and make my many trips to the cross for strength when things become too unbearable even for me, I miss His grace. When I go back out onto the battlefield into the rain and hail without Him I feel alone and I feel the effects of the enemy's attacks and know my defeat is near. I know it is time to come in out of the rain. He loves me enough to let me fight my battles in life on my own. so that I might see for myself the folly, that when I am in the flesh I am nothing. I am not as effective. I stand because my knees are locked. I have very little power on my own. I need my Christian friends around me. I need the Holy Spirit living inside of me building up my faith and patience. It's when I am in the Spirit that I can see the sunshine of peace and He even blows the dark clouds away. It's when I am in the Spirit that I can see the victory and know Holiness is near.

In the Spirit we can build one another up. We can help one another pull the weeds of discontent from the garden. When we are one in the Spirit we are united and we are strong. We work at getting along with each other and with God. And even though He may decide to move the mission field garden, I choose to be content this day, and to enjoy all of the exotic flowers that He has planted around me. I continue to beat the drum for Him. The storms rage on around me, but oh, how I wish you could see the beautiful birds He sent to my garden feeders this morning! I choose to stay in Christ and live under the Clouds of Grace. I admit I need Him every day. It is why He chooses to work through me. I am weak and I admit that I can't do life without Him. I need His grace. I need a Savior.

 Image may contain: outdoor and nature, text that says 'Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:15 (KJV) #grace #overcome #bitterness'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree