Your Grass is Greener

'Don’t be worried with evil workers or envy the gains of people with all-wrong-upside-down ways. Soon enough they will wither like grass, like green herbs fading in summer’s heat.

Believe in the Eternal, and do what is good—live in the land He provides; roam, and rest in God’s faithfulness. Take great joy in the Eternal! His gifts are coming, and they are all your heart desires!' Psalm 37:1-4 (VOICE)

So, the worry part is associated with anxiety and haven't we just about figured this one out? I know that fear is the opposite of faith. My prayers won't be answered unless I pray with faith believing. The prayer part is the mystery, where God takes over, the faith part is what I do, with the help of the Holy Spirit. I admit that fear is a natural part of me and I must choose to keep it in check. Faith, then, that God will bring evil to justice soon enough gives me the courage and the strength to wait. 

So, then what to do about the envy part of me. That is the part that is not natural and must be dealt with quickly. For to envy the evil workers and their gains is a very dangerous place to be. David calls their ways all wrong and upside down. Those types are not enviable and when I let myself envy them I am tempted to follow them. We all know where that leads. Me, believing in the truth but living the lie. Isn't it silly to look at their grass and think it is greener? What a moral outrage! What a way to bring the lost and their problems into my peace and draw me away from the land that He provides.

The Holy Spirit leads me to believe in God and in believing to also do what is right and to trust Him that He will provide for me. When I look up I am satisfied with the thoughts of His faithfulness. I trust in the Lord and in doing what is good brings me peace and happiness. With age comes a bit of the prophetic, and here it is- the secret to tranquility. The secret to peace is to avoid the distractions. Simply put, when I look to Him, I avoid the distractions in life that lead to unfulfilled earthly desires. Unfulfilled desires of the flesh often tend to increase in intensity as my satisfaction in them decrease. To put it another way, the food always remains the same as the power to appease the hunger is diminished and leads to more disappointments and addictions. The answer, then, to a fulfilled and satisfied life is to delight yourself in the Lord.

When I am at peace, I find myself in Him. He is delightful. I can say with certainty, I am His and He is mine. Let Him be forever, the end of my longings, my heart's desire and the food for my mind, body and soul. In finding Him I am finding myself more and more being filled with great joy and desires for more of Him and the spiritual gifts both in the present and those yet to come! His love for me remains. It never changes. Herbs and grass wither and fades away but my God's love for me never changes. Selah!


Image may contain: cloud, sky and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree