Slap in the Face? Absurd.

'You put up with it when someone enslaves you, takes everything you have, takes advantage of you, takes control of everything, and slaps you in the face.' 2 Corinthians 11: 20 (NLT)

Wait! That lie sounds just like the lie I have heard before. Just the same old same old. No truth is in it. Why can't I see it? What does the Bible say about it? Pray for discernment.

My duty and practice as a Christian is to be humble and obedient to the teachings of Christ. I am to do the things that are necessary and lawful and to speak truth. His ways are not complicated. His ways are easy and following Him takes me out of bondage. The contrast couldn't be more clear between those who follow Christ and those who follow the false teachers of the world. There is no freedom without You.

I should not be deceived and should look at the things those looking to deceive me will do and not be fooled by what I hear them say. I am not to put up with deception when I find myself on the wrong path and the wrong side and being taken in by wrong thinking and false ideas of peace. The fake, the false witness, and the liar, you reveal your true colors to me soon enough. With Holy Spirit, I see right through your ways. You present yourself to me as light, when there is nothing good in you. Darkness. The absurd. All lies. Fake. Fake. Fake. With your fancy clothes, nice cars and long sounding titles and degrees you set your traps for me. I stood by you long enough to learn the lessons I needed, and to gain the knowledge I could use to see what a difference there really is between life and death. The measure of a man is in his character. Virtue and values matter in life. There is no peace without You.

Jesus, the maker of life was always there pleading for me and trying to pull me back and He did! The deceiver brought me into the trap with words and promises of better days, then took everything I had, but Jesus restored my dreams. The deceiver took advantage of me and stripped me of my dignity and my possessions, but Jesus redeemed all that I had lost. To top it all off, the deceiver ridiculed me during the process. You made fun of me and slapped me in the face but my Jesus brought me out of that mess, put a robe of righteousness on my shoulders and turned me toward hope and Glory! There is no meaning to life without You.

There is no darkness in Him. Jesus is truth and there are no lies in Him. There are no garments beautiful enough to replace the robes of righteousness that God reveals and placed on my shoulders at the scene of the cross. God is real and He is alive and there are no fakes in the Kingdom. There are no degrees big enough to replace the decrees of the sovereign King of Kings and Lord of Lords. His ways are love and Love would never slap me in the face. His ways are love and He would gently take my face and turn me back to Him for He loves me best. There is no me without You.

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree