Moving! Into the Light

'The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.' Psalm 119:130 (NLT)

From the beginning when there was no light, You were there moving upon the darkness until You perfected it when the Word was spoken. In the Garden, when darkness moved in, You were there in the cool of the evening moving them out. Through it all until the Word was spoken by Your Son, You were there performing it and pointing each one to the Savior. And there has to be more than just teaching. There has to be understanding. And He told them to do more than teach, but to wait until they had received the Promise of the Father. They waited in that Upper Room because they had to have more than what they had in the natural to get the job done. They needed the Comforter. They needed the Power. They needed the streams of Light. They had to have You.

Holy Spirit.  And You inspired them all to write. You were the Light of Revelation and Life in them. You are the Light that illuminates the very Words You had them to write and You give them meaning to me now. Isn't that why the Bible is still here, even after two thousand years? It's because of You. You draw me to it. Light attracts. You want to do a good work in me. I trust You to do that very thing. I am ready. You take the words on the pages and make them real to me. You give them understanding. You open my eyes to their meaning. You get them inside of my mind and my heart and my prayers. Those Words. Those Wonderful Words. Those were Your Words. You, even now, filling me with Your Words. Where would I be without You? Spiritually dead. Hungry. Afraid.

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Thank you for Your Son, Jesus. Thank you for Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit, You are the work, the mere function that moves me in the right direction. Me, the simple is willing. You know me better than I know myself. Use me as Your vehicle of light. I am ready to move away from the darkness and into the light. Give me the right words to say, Your Words.

Holy Spirit, work through me. Fill me with Your Light, with Your Courage to challenge the darkness, with Your Power to heal the sick. Anoint my head with oil.  Reveal Your Mysteries. Illuminate me with Your Light of Life, so that You will be seen by all and You cannot be hid. I want to walk before You in perfection. Get Your Word inside of me. Reveal Yourself to me. Fill me with Your Peace. Thank You for removing my fears. Change me to be more like You. And not just me, but my whole community.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.
Ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate the Word of God to your soul and ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree