The Witness

'Peter and the apostles answered, “It’s necessary to obey God rather than men. The God of our ancestors raised up Jesus, the One you killed by hanging him on a cross. God set him on high at his side, Prince and Savior, to give Israel the gift of a changed life and sins forgiven. And we are witnesses to these things. The Holy Spirit, whom God gives to those who obey him, corroborates every detail.”' Acts 5:29-32 (MSG)

Officials are to be obeyed in regards to the things that do not go against the Father's will. To the things that do, God is to be obeyed and not man.

In their day the apostles had been forbidden to go to the Temple and preach the doctrines of the Gospel. The sanhedrim had forbid them to speak and teach in the name of Jesus.  Therein was their dilemma. Just as in their day, we also may find ourselves in such a place where our elected officials or even our church leaders, use force to require us to act in such a way that is contrary to the Lord's teaching. 

Whom do we obey? We serve a risen Savior! He is our Lord and Prince. We along with the work of the Holy Spirit are His witnesses. When it comes to wicked laws by evil men, we are justified as the apostles were, in disregarding the counsel of men, and in neglecting to follow their orders. We know who we are to obey. Obey God.

Dear Father
We thank you for Your Word. Use me as your witness. I overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of my testimony. So I am given this great mystery of the gospel to share and the power and authority of heaven is behind me to do it. Whom shall I serve? None other than you Lord. Whom shall I fear? I fear only You. 

For men shall hate me, but they hated You first. Men may say things against me and do all kind of evil acts to me but they have evil in their hearts and don't know the Truth and are in need of the redemption that You bring. They may try to silence me through their edicts and legislation, but in acts of civil disobedience I am to comply unless it is to go against Your will Lord. Some may be martyred for their faith. I pray for those courageous believers and for their families. I pray for George. Let his death not be in vain. Use his 'gentle giant' life story to bring about Your Change and Your Peace.

It is quite clear, Your will is the gift of a changed life and sins forgiven. You have saved me and blessed me with those things, so I must comply with Your will. You have shown me so many things. I have seen You. My confidence is in You. I love You Lord. There is none like You. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for always filling my heart with Joy and love for others!

God You Reign! Lord, in the name of Jesus, I humbly submit to Your authority. He is Risen! Hallelujah. Amen.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.
Obey God Not People; You Will Never Regret It If You Do What He Says!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree