His Excellency

'What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a “law man” so that I could be God’s man. Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.' Galatians 2:19-21 (MSG)


Seeing this and believing that Christ was crucified is not enough. For the Christians that know Him as their personal Savior It goes so much deeper than a mere form of godliness when we say we believe. Many have seen and believed and still live as if they don't know Him. Am I a people pleaser? Who am I trying to impress? God? That never works out well. When I quit trying to keep the rules and trying to be a 'law man' by doing everything my own way by the laws of the state and religion and with my own power and surrendered my life to Him, then He changed my trying to be right to being right and winning because of the power that He brings.

See this. See me hanging on the cross next to Christ. I believe that Christ was crucified and that I was crucified with Him. Now I live by God's grace. I see how this plays out in my own life every day. The more I rely on Christ, the more I live by faith and the more freely does God's Grace abound. Nothing in this world is like it. Nothing of more value can come to me any other way and it is free!

Grace is most excellent in a world that is always trying to suck the life out of me and make me its slave. No one can serve two masters. So I made my choice. Nothing can compare to Jesus and His Love. He completes me and He lives in me. He gives me a new life with Him in it. He is a good gift giver. The only thing that Christ wants of me is my unconditional surrender.

So I surrendered to my old ways. I used to love to see things done well and done right and simply by renouncing myself and surrendering my ego to a spiritual-centered life in Christ I soon enough found myself on the road to becoming a woman of excellence through Him for He is Excellence.

I serve an excellent Lord. I see excellence all around me, in my husband, in my children and in my friends. The beauty of Grace truly does abound when you give up the one thing that we really don't even control much of in the first place. When I gave up my life to serve Him I gained everything He has to offer. I need Him. Now He serves me. No turning back.


Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.

 Galatians 2:19-20 | Galatians

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree