Evening Prayers

'Day and night, night and day, let incense arise
Day and night, night and day, let incense arise
Day and night, night and day, let incense arise
Day and night, night and day, let incense arise'
David Brymer, 'Worthy of it All',  2012

'My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations,” says the Lord Almighty.' Malachi 1:11 (NIV)

Incense shall rise to You each morning and evening which signifies prayer and praise.

Dear Father. Fear has a name and today it's coronavirus. Common to bats and snakes and rare in humans and apparently because some unknowingly eat these animals raw, it has jumped the species barrier. Similar to SARS and MERS, it resembles the common cold.  The CDC says the risk to Americans is low. They say 100 people in China have died from the virus. We are told to avoid nonessential travel to China. Preparations are being made and the government has failed once again to keep us safe. Who can we trust? There is none Lord, only You.

Please forgive us Father, for the things that we often so stupidly do. We don't deserve Your mercy or Your grace. So we pray. So we plead the blood of Jesus over all of Your people! Deliver us from this evil plague. Save us from ourselves Lord.

I pray for Holy Spirit supernatural intervention to come in like a flood and destroy this evil threat to life. This mere virus that can do so much to put the entire world into a panic. 

Lord, I must not take Your name lightly or in vain for You deserve the Glory. I must choose to be holy and live by right principles, in the right manner, for the right reason. I must surrender all things for Your Glory. I must live for You and put my trust in You alone.

Jesus, Your name is great. I raise my prayers like incense to You. My praise goes up likewise to You just as the fragrant incense. I must worship You in spirit and in truth. You are worthy of it all. You, who created the universe know everything about every virus, bacteria and threat. You are the Lord of all. You control it all. You alone are good. You are not surprised about anything. So I put my trust in You. 

When I say Your name again and again I find my peace in You. There is healing in Your name. I shall have no fear for thou art with me. And I know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. Yours is the kingdom and the power forever. You deserve the Glory. In Jesus's mighty name. Amen.

Source: Biblegateway;com; Biblehub.com; google.com; CNN.com.
Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree