100% Interest

'But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.' Ruth 1:16 (NIV)

My mind is made up and it was one clear example of what love and dedication brings to a relationship.

I love the Biblical story of Ruth. Ruth was a woman of faith. She loved her mother-in-law Naomi enough to prove it. Naomi had just lost her husband and her sons and Ruth had suffered in the loss as well. Though the journey that Naomi had set before them was going to be long and hard, Ruth would not withdraw from the course that lay before her. Ruth would not leave Naomi by herself.

Ruth loved Naomi. Her love was strong and self-less. She would not break Naomi's heart again by walking away from her. Many may love, but not as deeply as this. This love requires commitment enough to leave the familiar. Many may be tested in this and fail, but not this one.

Same with my love for Christ. For the tests will come and that day will be soon enough. I might do the things to make me think that I love Him, until I hear the call of salvation and yet decide to choose the other things over Him. Even when I love Him, if I don't love Him enough, I just might walk away and leave Him. I might choose to obey the other things because I love them more. Heaven forbid.

I will do what the Lord tells me to do, God willing. Go when I must go. Stay when I must stay. 

Ruth is like the grace of God coming into the soul like a flood and washing it clean and it being willing to choose the better path. Ruth chose the path with Naomi of self-sacrifice and that would take her straight to the One True God. She was ready to cast in her lot with the people of Naomi and Naomi's God. She was all in! 100% interest.

In the interest of time: I look forward to studying the story of Ruth and how Ruth married Boaz and their son Obed was the ancestor of David and Jesus.

Dear Father. Thank you for Your Word and the stories that touch my heart. Thank you for the example of Ruth that shows me humility and how to make the better choice to follow You and be so totally devoted to You that I would walk away from the things of my past and the familiar if You had me to.

Thank you for giving me examples of a dedicated person and a person that is totally sold out to You. I am like that. I am like Ruth in the way that she was devoted to Naomi, but I am 100% devoted to You. You have taken over my life, all of it is Yours and You have messed it all up with Your Love and I couldn't be happier. I am Yours. I am one of Your people. I am a women of Faith! In Jesus's name. Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; geni.com; google.com.

Image result for SHE LEFT ME THERE BIBLE QUOTE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree