At That Very Hour

 '“Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But this is the very reason I came!  Father, bring glory to your name.”


Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, “I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again.”' John 12:27-28 (NLT)

God, there is this problem that is before me. Of course, I don't need to tell You about it, because You have put it there, and even did so for Your own Son! The storms of life are real. The storms of life are many. That I cannot deny. The storms of life are troubling. In them, I might find myself saying, oh Lord, why me? I might even pray, 'help me Lord'. 'Keep me safe'! At the darkest point in the current trouble that I find myself in, I find myself vulnerable, for there is my old friend fear and my desire to retreat. At that very hour, I might fail to see You in it. I might ask You to take me out of it. Yet there You are! How could I let myself get so worked up? Have I forgotten already that You are the very reason that I am here at this place of opportunity in the first place?

There You are Lord. You are in the midst of the storm. At that very hour, You are holding out Your Hand of comfort to me. Pushing back the wind. There You are Lord, yet again, speaking Your Words of reassurance, encouraging me. Your Words give me strength in that You say, 'the battle is already won'. 'My Will be done'. 'My enemy is defeated'. 'You are delivered'. 'My name is exalted'. 

Yeah. Though I walk through the valley, I shall fear not!. For, You have saved me. You have saved me to live again. At this very hour, You have brought me through it to remember it and to testify of it.  Praise be to God, for not only this time, but again and again. My faith has made me whole. I am healed! Yes, once again You have found a way to turn my problems into praises! Such blessings are Yours alone! Joy unspeakable and as the burdens of life melt away, life becomes full of Your Glory, forever and ever! Amen! That's why I praise You. You are worthy. You are worthy of all honor and praise. Thank you Lord!

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', December 6, 2019 blog post.

Image result for JOHN 12:27-28 PICTURE QUOTE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree