Not Your Desire

'In fact, the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the actual realization of those things. It will never be able to make perfect those who continually offer the same sacrifices year after year. If it could do this, would they not have stopped bringing sacrifices, because the worshippers, once they were cleansed, would no longer have a bad conscience about sins? Instead, these sacrifices reminded them of their sins year after year. The fact is that the blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sins. 


Therefore when he entered the world, Christ said

     Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, 
     but you prepared a body for me.

     You were not pleased
     with burnt offerings and sin offerings.
     Then I said, “Here I am.
     I have come to do your will, God.
     In the scroll of the book it is written about me.” 


First he said:
  
     Sacrifices and offerings that were offered according to the law,
     both burnt offerings and sin offerings,
     you did not desire,
     and you were not pleased with them.
  
Then he said:

     Here I am.
     I have come to do your will.

He does away with the first in order to establish the second. By this will, we have been sanctified once and for all, through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ.' Hebrews 10:1-10 (EHV)


The Law and the sacrifices made under it for our sins were never meant to be enough, but instead, only to remind us of our need and that the Best was yet to come. They were just like a shadow. They were not the real thing. They had no real power. They were repeated over and over again and yet were never able to take away a single pang of guilt or penalty for sin or even cleanse the conscience.

'For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.' Hosea 6.6. He does not desire our sacrifices or burnt offerings but only our love and devotion to Him. He desires our worship. He wants our hearts. He wants us to obey.

Jesus said, 'Here I am. I have come to do Your will, God.' Here He comes Himself, God, manifest in the flesh because He loves us. He loves me and became my sacrifice on that tree. He took my own sins upon Himself. He became the atoning sacrifice on that tree and through His suffering and death many are ransomed. Through the sovereign will and grace of God many are made free. To those that accept Jesus as their savior they are free indeed.

He has set us free. He made a new way. He made a better way. And now, His righteousness is available to us all and through Him that sacrifice is made of eternal purpose and power. He makes us perfect. He offers remission of sins and acceptance after complete atonement. We are made clean. The guilt for that sin is gone. The penalty for that sin is gone. He makes us righteous and right with God.

We can be right with God through Jesus. We can be forgiven and we can know it. We can feel it firsthand. We can live to tell about His great Glory. We can know where we are going to spend eternity. With the Father! I'm Glory bound. I am heaven bound. I can have access to God, the creator of the universe through the work on the cross that His son Christ has done for me.  Amen.

Dear Father. And I thank You. I thank You for inspiring the writing about what You were going to do in the Scroll of the Book. I thank You that Your Son Jesus offered to give His life for me. I thank You that You sought me and that You saved me. In Jesus name. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome.blogspot.com', August 25, 2019.

 Hebrews An Introduction - ppt video online download

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree