Foster Parent Spirit

 'I’m writing to encourage you to fan into a flame and rekindle the fire of the spiritual gift God imparted to you when I laid my hands upon you For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love, and self-control.' 2 Timothy 1:6-7 (TPT)


Do not be discouraged. Do not be dismayed. The Holy Spirit is an all consuming fire. The spiritual gifts that God has given me can be revived.  That which the devil and my flesh intend to put out, God has put in, a living flame, and it lives within my heart. I must labor to keep it burning. Fan the flames. I must encourage and stimulate its growth to keep it alive.


Be a flame thrower. Read. Meditate. Pray. Exercise my gifts often. Be baptized again and again with the laying on of hands. Remember what He has told me, that the seeds of doubt will come, but that He has never given me the spirit of fear but rather the Holy Spirit! Hallelujah. Don't be depressed by your circumstances. Torch the seeds of doubt so that I might see what He has given me. In place of weeds, God's mighty power. In place of evil, love will grow. In place of lack of discipline, self-control. All these things that I need to be an equipped kingdom builder He has supplied. No excuses. Slumbering ashes? Fan the flames!


Dear Father.

Thank you for Your words of encouragement. I know that You have equipped me to fight through prayer with a Fire that will never go out. I must do my part to keep the fires burning so that whenever I am called to preach that I might be a flame thrower, whenever the situation calls for it, to the world that has lost its way. To be an encouragement when someone is in need. To be a bold witness for You whenever the situation calls for strength. To stay calm in any situation. To always be prepared through the mighty power that Holy Spirit provides to pray into existence that which You have provided through Your promises. Help me to keep alive that foster parent spirit. You have fostered that same caring Spirit within us. We love You Lord. We thank you for saving us and for loving us so completely.

In Jesus name.

Amen.


Source: August 6, 2020 'Drummingthemessagehome' blog post.
Be A Flamethrower 2 Timothy 1:6&7" Art Board Print by JustLogIt ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree