Subject to Jesus

'Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct.  Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear—  but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.' 1 Peter 3:1-4(ESV)

Dear Father

 Let it not be the outward adorning only, lest, heaven forbid it becomes excessive, indulgent and ornamental. but rather, let it be my true apparel. That which is inward. That which is more permanent That which is of the heart. That which is precious before You, God. Respectful and pure. That which is the richer and incorruptible thing of value, consisting of the meek and quiet spirit. 

Lest I offend and not compliment. Lest I become a distraction and not a help meat. Lest I become a burden financially, one that is easily swayed by the new styles, when obsessive and addicted behavior often leads to attention and compliments which may become the purpose and the result to which I seek. 

I pray for balance, and not just for myself. I pray for my sisters. I pray for a good healthy dose of reality too. So that we keep it real. It can't be lived if kept on the shelf or in theory only. Give us the desires of Your heart. Keep us beautiful inside and out. Your Will and Your Way is always for the best.You know us better than we know ourselves.

Make it not be about me Lord. What does the size of my waist really say about me? Keep me focused on You, so that I might minister to him and win him over. Help my actions reflect the gospel. Not by my words only. Not by all the wasted minutes spent on the external, but on the main thing that lasts, the investment in the eternal, the days and hours spent in prayer and obedience...to You.

In Jesus's name.

Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.


Key Bible Verses About Body Image For A More Confident 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree