When Trust is Broken, Try Hope

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. We share in the many sufferings of Christ. In the same way, much comfort comes to us through Christ.' 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (NCV) 

We can praise God because we know that He is the Father of Mercy and more. He is God the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He loved us enough to offer up His own son to save us. He is the God of all comfort. He provides for our comfort and restores our peace through all of our afflictions. He is the God of love and peace.  We can know that He lives and that He loves us. He is the God of patience and comfort. We can see that He is slow to anger and that He is patient with us. He is the God of hope. 

When trust is lost we know that we can still find our hope in Him. He never fails. We have much to learn as He takes us through His school of sympathy. Isn't suffering an essential part of the Christian life? No one can escape it. God allows it so that our joy for all eternity might be complete. We suffer in the same ways that Christ did so that we might yet be a comfort to others just as God has comforted us through Christ. We are to be a comfort to others and we can say that we have been crucified with Christ. We can say it and we even do feel much of the same pain and sorrows that He did and yet we are to endure it all for the perfecting of our faith. It is such a disservice that this truth is not taught from the pulpit much anymore.

Our faith is perfected through it all. We will suffer many things. We've suffered through the lectures and felt the disappointments of men and heard their criticisms in much the same way that He did. And yet, through it all we have not been abandoned or left without an advocate as He sends us His Comforter the Holy Spirit. So, take comfort in knowing these things that He does for you because of His great love for you and let not your hearts be troubled. It is through hope that trust is restored.

How can I let my heart be troubled for long when I look at what He has done for me? Look at what great things that God is doing for me. Look at the power of the One that is to come, the Overcomer, who has come to us and defeated the enemy and even unto death! He has done all of these amazing things for me, so that I might be able to do all things through Christ who lives in me and gives me strength. Even through my own weaknesses I can see Him and I can know Him. His powerful hand of righteousness is at work on my behalf. His blessings flow through to me. He has not left me, nor has He left me alone.

No. I am not alone. I will never be alone. I am working and for as long as I am living I know that He will help me as I continue to work out my own salvation. God is good. He restores peace to my soul by offering remission of sins. He binds up my broken-heart and He heals my wounds and all of my diseases. Through His great work of redemption He restores my joy. I find favor in Him and He has made me glad so that I might be a blessing to others as well. He comforts me in all my troubles so that I might be a comfort to others. All of my needs are met when I just learn to lean on Him and to put my trust in Him and simply obey. Thank you Lord.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', July 19, 2019.

Related image



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree