Are You Ready?

'So always be ready, because you don’t know the day your Lord will come.' Matthew 24:42 (NCV) 

What must I do to be ready? Is a prayer every week on Sunday enough to secure myself and my family a place in God's Kingdom?  How can I neglect the spiritual things of life for the majority of my day and then have the hope that my flesh won't take me into something that might destroy me? It is written, 'So always be ready...'

I need to always be ready for the unknown and for the certain things that are going to happen. I must prepare for both the good and the bad things that will happen in my life that I don't know about and have no control over. Those inevitable moments that might just make or break me. Since I don't know the future. I don't know the day and I cannot know the hour in which the Lord will return. I can know this much. I can be prepared for it. I can know that life is short and then the judgment. I can know that the Lord's coming will be a happy time for those that believe in Him and are prepared for Him.  Not so for those that have neglected and rejected Him. They must pay for their own sins. Those that choose Him He will call blessed and He will present to the Father. Those He blesses He will present as ones that are clean and that have been washed in the blood. Those that have been washed clean He also purifies them by His Spirit. Those that have been purified He will also present as Saints and rightful heirs to inherit His glorious Kingdom.

What must I do to be ready is not a question that is out of hand or difficult to answer. It would be wise to make sure that I know the answer. My life would need to be a living sacrifice to Him in honor of Him and for what He has done for me. There would be a price that I would need to pay in order to secure my place with Him for all of eternity. To walk with Him in all of His perfection would require obedience on my part. To stay near to Him would require discipline and much anointing. To know Him would require a dedication and devotion to give up my own will and desires in order to spend more time with Him. I can be watching and waiting and I can be ready to meet Him. I am ready. Are you?

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', July 13, 2019, repost.

Image result for matthew 24:42 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree