The Truth is Alive

'A soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue breaks the spirit.' Proverbs 15:4 (GW)

Take a moment to tell someone the truth about Christ today and watch what you will set loose in that person. Watch what it will do to your own self as well. Like the preacher when he delivers a message of good news at church, the song on his lips can fill a person's head with visions of a beautiful future and their heart with hope. Hearing the wholesome and sound words of Jesus spoken through the lips of someone that knows Him, is like applying healing salve to a wounded soul. Truth is like that. The soothing tongue of righteousness is like a tree that brings forth its delightful fruit of peace to heal us and to refresh us. Peaceful words that are given in love do not condemn us but instead offers us new life as only Jesus can, through the atonement that is bought with the blood of the Savior.

Not so for the lying tongue of deceit, which is a perversion that grieves the spirit. There is no peace there, but rather only corruption and impure words that can fill a person's head with evil ideas and their heart with sadness. The likes of these are meant to wound and some words can even kill by bringing on so many stressors and feelings of despair that they can cause permanent damage in which the hearer can never be healed. Slander is like that. The words that are slanderous in nature are meant to kill and to destroy another. A neighbor perhaps? Only violence? Violence brought on through action words that can offer no hope or in which there can be no turning back when the spirit is broken. Never lie, don't ever go there! 

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for peace. I pray for restoration. I pray for revival. Lord, revive me and change me with Your Words. Bring life back to me. Bring back Truth. Even though I see an assault to it, the Truth is alive. Defend it. Allow no more harm to come to it or to me. Your comforting tongue and Words of Truth are useful counsel to me and they are my Tree of Life. You are like the tree that offers me protection under its branches from the sun on a hot day. You are like the tree that produces fruit to refresh me when I am hungry. You are like the tree that exchanges the oxygen that I need to breath to sustain me. You are like the tree that has roots to protect the soil that is under my feet. Thank you for that tree! Tree of knowledge I need you.

Lord, You alone are my only hope and my heart's desire. You fill my every thought. Save me from myself. Fill my mouth with words of life. Send to me O Lord, the One Holy Spirit and share with me wise counsel this morning to comfort me and bring forth the guidance that I need to preserve me in this current life and to promote the spiritual and eternal life in me that is to come. I pray to You in the only name that I know how, the name that offers Truth and that is the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Image result for proverbs 15:4 quote picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree