Sealed With the Spirit

'But on this humbled ground, a tiny shoot, hopeful and promising, 
    will sprout from Jesse’s stump; 
A branch will emerge from his roots to bear fruit.
And on this child from David’s line, the Spirit of the Eternal One
    will alight and rest.
By the Spirit of wisdom and discernment.
     He will shine like the dew. 
By the Spirit of counsel and strength 
   He will judge fairly and act courageously. 
By the Spirit of knowledge and reverence of the Eternal One, 
    He will take pleasure in honoring the Eternal.
He will determine fairness and equity; 
    He will consider more than what meets the eye,
And weigh in more than what he’s told. 

So that even those who can’t afford a good defense 
   will nevertheless get a fair and equitable judgment.
With just a word, He will end wickedness and abolish oppression.
   With nothing more than the breath of His mouth, He will destroy evil.
He will clothe himself with righteousness and truth, 
    the impulse to right wrongs will be in his blood.' Isaiah 11:1-5 (VOICE)

Often called the Seven Fold Spirit of God these verses in Isaiah spell out the attributes of God and reveal to me the mind of Christ. How poetic. How prophetic. How else could I get to know Him better than to study Him through His Word? Understanding who God is helps me to see who I am to be in Christ. Christ is my example. I should look for His virtue in others. I need to develop those virtues in myself. So I pray for more Holy Spirit revelation and to be more like Christ. The more that I know Him, the more I shall be like Him. I could be like Him in thought, word and deed as the Spirit manifests Himself by sanctifying and enlightening me. Then the Spirit of the Lord will alight and rest. That's what He did for my Lord. That's what I desire for me. 

The Spirit of the Lord is the supernatural power source that creates God's thoughts in my heart. When I trusted Jesus as my Savior I became a believer and received the Holy Spirit. I have the Spirit of Christ and I belong to Him. The Holy Spirit lives inside of me and I am no longer in the flesh. That same Spirit power that raised Jesus from the dead is in me. I am in the Spirit. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. God has sealed me in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise. Catch the Spirit. Catch God's thoughts.

The Spirit of Wisdom is all of God's supernatural thoughts themselves. A teacher would need wisdom. In order to know all things necessary for my own good I would need more of His thoughts. He is a Great Teacher. I pray to be more like Him and to be tapped into His source of perfect knowledge which comes straight from God. Soon, a Word or a phrase from the Holy Spirit becomes like a well of knowledge springing up from the River of God. Wisdom and understanding He does impart. So let it be with me!

The Spirit of Understanding is God's personal illumination of those thoughts and sound judgments as He helps me to distinguish between things that differ. I pray for more revelation of Holy Spirit wisdom and understanding. To know is to see. To see is to understand. With understanding comes knowledge and next steps begin to form.

The Spirit of Counsel is God's personal instruction to me of Godly choices or prudence. He always gives good counsel or advice. I  pray for more revelation of Holy Spirit Counsel and I seek advice from the Lord who is known as the Wonderful Counsellor. He is always available. His Words are true. They never fail me.

The Spirit of Strength is God's supernatural ability to help me to perform those thoughts of His in my life with might and courage. I pray for more manifestations of Holy Spirit power and to have the energy to perform the difficult tasks that are set before me and to be bold and fearless as I encounter the challenges of the day.

The Spirit of Knowledge is God's thoughts manifested in me and through my life actions. With Holy Spirit comes perfect knowledge of the whole will and counsel of God and even of the secret things that are in the hearts of men. I pray for more manifestations of Holy Spirit power and knowledge of the Holy Scriptures so that I might pray more effectively.

Fear of the Lord is walking in God's Love and Truth. So while walking in Love and Truth I am to flee from anything that would quench His Spirit. I am to have a healthy respect for God and a Holy fear and reverence for who He is. In my life I should care only to please Him and my desire should never be to offend Him. I will fear Him more as I get to know Him better.

Dear Lord. Let my life be a reflection of You and Your perfect attributes. Amen.

Image result for isaiah 11:2 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree