The Gift

'God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.  Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.' Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT)

Christ is the Ultimate Gift to me from God. God is the best Gift Giver. Through Christ, God has given me eternal life, and not only that, but faith, the works of Christ and even Christ himself when I believed. I serve a very generous God. He has saved me through Grace of His Spirit. God is for me. I have His favor, He delights in me and it is free. He knew me and Loved me even before I knew Him. Nothing I have done has earned it. Flesh is evil and boasts, but God is everything! He puts His Will to do good in me.  His favor is upon me. His inheritance is before me. He provides the Way.

Dear Father

Thank you for Your Word. Thank you for Your Spirit. Thank you that You have made me aware of the fact that I needed You. You are a good Father, and through You, salvation. Thank you for bringing it near. Thank you for setting it before me. Thank you for applying it to me. Thank you for giving me the faith and the hope to believe in Your Son, Lord Jesus.

While I was yet a sinner, You put in my heart the desire for more of You, and even though I did not deserve it, nor did I do anything for it, You gave to me the desires of my heart as a free gift. You supply all of my needs. You have given me faith to believe in You and through You salvation was mine to receive. And I did. Even the good works that I do are through You. Now as Holy Week draws near, I am reminded of what You did for me and what it cost You. I am in awe of You and so very blessed to know You and to believe. Thank you Lord.

It's still my prayer and my heart's desire is for more of You.

In Jesus's name.

Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', April 3, 2020 blog post.

 
Ephesians 2:8-9 Illustrated: "For it is by grace you have been ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree