Let the Feast Begin

'Behold, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If your heart is open to hear my voice and you open the door within, I will come in to you and feast with you, and you will feast with me.' Revelation 3:20 (TPT)


Done. Where the Holy Spirit leads, you would be wise to follow. Just a few weeks ago He led me to start my devotional study of the favorite verse from each one of the 66 Books of the Bible. I can attest to the fact that time goes by too fast. Now, today I celebrate and look to the last Book, the Book of Revelation, the Book that was written by and was the vision of the Apostle John during his exile on the island of Patmos

Little did I know that the favorite verse of each Book of the Bible is a controversial subject. I stayed consistent and decided to trust someone that I knew to be trustworthy, Jesus-knows.com. 

When I mentioned what Holy Spirit was prompting me to do to friend and brother in Christ, Dave, he assured me that I would be blessed during this particular study of the Word. No truer words were ever spoken.

Think back. Sixty-six days was before the virus that caused our world to fall apart. Each morning during this man made crises, a new verse would appear that would give me insight and understanding and even more, through each verse I found the Comforter doing His thing and the messages seemed to be timely as well as prophetic for the situation that I found myself in. Who knew? Who knew that I would also be called on to care for a sick family member that needed full attention during this time as well? Who knew that I would need guidance and direction during this day of chaos? God. Of course God knew. He knows everything.

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Thank you for directing me on February 11 to do a favorite verse from all 66 books of the Bible devotional study. I know You were in it. I have learned so much from You. You have helped me get through the most challenging time of my life. You have made me stronger. I know You will never leave me. Your Word is alive. My devotional time with You is both exciting and my favorite time of the day. 

During these past two months, Your Word carried me. Your Word got me through the difficult times as we went through both the good times and the bad together.  Through You I found the words to help me understand and to explain it. Thank you for that. As I know and can see, the world may be filled with the evil that men do but for those that know You the world is also filled with Your Glory.

So now dear Lord, I pray that You let Your Word go forth to the nations that need You this day. Destroy the things that are not of You. Reveal Your Glory. Give us Hope. Through You there is Hope and in You we are never alone. Send out Your Words of Life through any source available. Build something new. Challenge us. Change us. Cleanse our hearts and minds. Show us the way. Bring us back to You.

And this very verse is the perfect ending to a search that brings me back home, with marching orders to stay home, alone, behind a door, with an image of You standing on the outside, and waiting patiently for me to invite You in. Wait no longer! I hear Your voice. Come in Lord! The door to my heart is open wide. With You I am never alone. Let the feast begin! I love You Lord.
In Jesus's name.
Amen.
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', April 25, 2020 blog post.
  1.  The Christian Institute on Twitter: "Revelation 3:20 #Scripture ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree