Becoming the Butterfly

'Now, if anyone is enfolded into Christ, he has become an entirely new creation. All that is related to the old order has vanished. Behold, everything is fresh and new.' 2 Corinthians 5:17 (TPT)


The Gospel message seems too deep to comprehend at times, and yet we are to reason together with God as to the higher order of spiritual things. This is one of those times. So, start with the basics. And yet, this much I know. for sure, that once I was lost and now I am found. I know that to be enfolded into Christ, is to be united to Him in faith, or to be in Him as the branch is to the vine.That does not seem reasonable to some but that doesn't make it untrue. That does not seem unreasonable to some but that does not make it any easier to understand. Why do I do the things that I do? Why do I say the things that I say? I am no longer my own. 
  
'and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me' Galatians 2:20

Don't consider me arrogant or a snob when I tell you that this is not the religion of exclusion, but rather one of spiritual regeneration and rebirth. No other religion offers you so much. No other religion gives you Jesus.


'Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.' 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Consider the butterfly. Be transformed. Need I say more?

The enfolding, it is a process. Until you have experienced the Love of Christ and the Holy Spirit's transformative power for yourself, it is simply improbable that you would understand His ways. I would encourage you to experience this fresh and new cocoon-like re-birth for yourself if you haven't already.

'From the moment John stepped onto the scene until now, the realm of heaven’s kingdom is bursting forth, and passionate people have taken hold of its power.' Matthew 11:12.

There is no greater drug and it is legal. There is no greater high than to be drunk on the Spirit of God. You can live safely 'under the influence' of the Holy Spirit. There are no hang-overs or bad side effects. You can be 'filled' daily. Ask and you shall receive. There is always an endless supply. Nothing can compare to the Love of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit in You. That's the power that you need to win back your lost loved ones and to even reach out to the uttermost parts of the earth with the message of Good News. If you need courage and boldness, bring your emptiness and be filled with the Holy Spirit. 


'But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.' Acts 1:8 


Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', April 1, 2020 blog post.

 New creation in Christ | Northside Christian Fellowship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree