The Power of Desperation

 'God is our protection and our strength. 


He always helps in times of trouble.  So we will not be afraid even if the earth shakes, or the mountains fall into the sea,  even if the oceans roar and foam, or the mountains shake at the raging sea. Selah'  Psalm 46:1-3 (NCV)


In God's perfect will, the fear and the trembling that I once knew becomes trust and hope that He will turn the trials of my life into something good for His Glory. He provides. His Holy Spirit flows through my circumstances with grace and He consoles me. With God in my heart, I shall not be moved. I shall be helped and I shall trust in Him and I shall not fear. So my morning prayer for today might be:

God, You are my protection and strength. You always help me in times of trouble. So I will not be afraid even if the financial crisis comes due to the recent floods; as my customers struggle to make it, as the dams have broken and fields lay under water, as the bills come due and there are no crops in the fields or to sell. God, You know all of this and You are working even now to bring everything together for Your Glory. Peaceful waters flow. I shall not fear the future with You in it. Use these desperate times to bring us closer to You. Amen.

Even though times seem desperate for me right now, I know the merciful God of desperation is near and He is calling me to be still. I do know Him and I know that He is in control even during this. I know that He will provide because He loves me. I know that He will make a way because He always does. He is the great I Am!

One of the things that I admire about my cousin Jan is her faith and her convictions. She has mentored me through some tough storms. I feel her saying to me at this moment not to worry. She would remind me to count my blessings and to think about all the blessings that I still have. I have watched her over the years living out her advise to me. As a Christian she has learned to remain calm during every situation. Whatever may happen to her in the natural you can rest assured that she will stay in the faith and in control of her emotions. She has learned to trust in God and has this immovable nature. She has learned to yield herself to the very nature of God. In her life, she yields herself to the cross and to God's will for her and allows her very being to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit of God.

And though, we miss her because she is no longer with us, I pray that you would use me like that Lord.  That's the way that I want to be. Strong because You are strong. Calm because You are calm. Immovable because You are immovable. Looking ahead, not fearing but being excited about the future and what You are doing in it. Trusting in You through all things. Remaining in the Faith and in Your perfect will and Glory. Quietly, doing Your will as I put my trust in You, for I can almost hear you say, 'Teach them to obey everything that I have told you to do. You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time.” Matthew 28:20 ERV. I love you Lord. Amen.
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', June 14, 2019, repost. 
 Related image
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree