Checking the Boxes

'“And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.  And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good.' Deuteronomy 10:12-13 (NLT)


Just what does Jehovah require of me? For all that He does and will do for me is more than enough. He is all that I need. Love. Amazing mercies. Forgiveness of sin. Protection. Guidance. His favor. The Promised Land. He requires only that I fear, love and obey Him. 

He asks me to do the things that are doable. Nothing extraordinary. He has given me a free will. I get to decide. He loves me enough to ask these things of me for my own good. He is a loving and compassionate Father. He requires of me the things that only I can give. To fear with love. To love with service. To serve with obedience. In these things I absolutely can follow Him faithfully. There is no doubt. It is my duty. There will be no turning.

I am called to love and obey. He requires of me only the simple things that I can give. These are the things that I alone can freely bring. These are the things of the heart that cannot be forced. He is Gracious. I will love and respect Him for that with all my heart. He is Honorable. I will honor Him and worship Him with my service.  He is Worthy. I will praise Him with my obedience by keeping His commandments. 

My future is decided. I choose to love Him because He loved me first. While I have breathe I choose to serve Him. I choose to obey Him. In Christ I say 'no' to religion. I say 'no' to formality. I say 'no' to hypocrisy. All the while saying 'yes' to Righteousness and Truth. It's the right thing to do. Amen.

Dear Father.
Thank  you for Your Word. Thank you that You loved me first. Thank you for sending Your Son to save me. Thank you for caring enough to give me the instructions and commandments that I know I need to live by for my own good. I will fear You. I will love You. I will serve You. I will obey You.
In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', June 6, 2020 blog post.
PowerPoint Template about Deuteronomy 10:12-13 - SermonCentral.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree