P.U.S.H.

'I’ve written this letter to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you will be assured and know without a doubt that you have eternal life. 

Since we have this confidence, we can also have great boldness before him, for if we present any request agreeable to his will, he will hear us.  And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we also know that we have obtained the requests we ask of him.' 1 John 5:13-15 (TPT) 

When John wrote this Epistle about an eternal truth to the believer it was in regards to the power and assurances we can all have that Jesus saves us for eternity  Then, with this power comes the assurances and with that the confidence in the power of prayer that is given to us from God. When we pray in his will He hears us. When we pray in His name we know that we have the request we ask of Him already! If so, then why, if this being a rule for all is this principle not being applied by us all everywhere and under every circumstance? Sin. Fear. Pride. 

Perhaps it is the sin of forgetfulness that is behind the reasons why I fail to pray and I often forget His grace or neglect to use the power which I have been given. He has given me grace so I should extend that grace to others in the form of obedience.  Obedience should become like a habit to me. I could become obedient and pray for the small things, so that when the big things happen I will be ready. How can I know what I am capable of if I don't even try? Will I be willing to put in the work to build the obedience habit? Will I still remain faithful to the cause? Do I still believe? Indeed! I still do and many of us will! In this great country, believers are still the majority! Amen! 

Believers are still in the majority!  But, sadly,  some want me to believe that faith and hope seems to be losing ground. In many areas, faith and hope seems to be just that which is left to be written into the scripts of cartoons for fairy tales these days. But yet, it was written into the Good Book and the power of the Holy Spirit still remains. God chooses to work through me and prayer moves Him. So it must be a weakness in my humanity that brings me to turn away from it. Am I still a person of the Book? 

I know there are many of us that still give faith a chance. I know there are many of us that come together to pray and agree on something that is worthwhile and worth fighting on our knees for. I know many of us are willing to lead a symphony of prayer. I know that we pray because we know that our heavenly Father listens to us and that He helps us. Holy Spirit even gives us the words to say. I know that Jesus himself is right there with us. Praise God!  This was the method used by His very own Disciples. This is one of His promises to us. We are highly favored and nothing is more powerful than Christians united in prayer for a cause.

Christians united in prayer for a cause puts the fear into the unbeliever, so much so that it leads some of them to ban the Book. They ban the Bible. They burn the Bible. They desecrate the very Word of God in an attempt to remove the thought of it from the memory and hopefully take away the power behind it. Those without a religion, want sin without guilt and make removing God from our lives their own religion. Their attempts to take God out of our lives may work for a season, but not without a fight and no one can take Him out of our hearts. He is there. He lives there. So we are challenged to be the people of God and live our lives according to the Book! God's grace gives us the power to love one another and makes prayer our duty. We pray for our enemies. We pray for our family and our loved ones in need. We pray for peace and restoration. We push through and pray until something happens. We pray with confidence and faith believing that God hears our prayers and is moved by them. 

Dear Heavenly Father.
Please forgive me for my sin of forgetfulness. I know that you hear me. I know that you love me. Please restore what the enemy has taken. Please take away this pain that I am feeling! In Jesus name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', June 25, 2019, reposted. 

Related image

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree